Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jimthorn

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2003
Huntington Beach, CA, USA
Yowza. Eight processors and 144MB of cache! G6, anyone?

Don't hold your breath on the iBook thing though... they only just reached G4. *sigh* I own the very last G3-based Mac. Oh well, better to own the last rev G3 iBook than a G4 iBook that hasn't gone through at least one revision.

Schiffi

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2003
Missouri
What? You don't count that excuse for a powerbook released in Feb as an iBook? I say the Rev A 12" Powerbook should have been the Rev A G4 iBook. Thus making this one a rev B :D

jimthorn

macrumors 6502a
Apr 24, 2003
Huntington Beach, CA, USA
That's an excellent point, but I wonder how well the iBook's plastic case will handle the increased heat output of the G4...

And let's not forget about the current "white spots" problem with many of the new 15" PowerBooks.

All in all, I'll wait til at least Christmas before I think about giving up my current 900MHz G3 iBook. It runs great.

markjones05

macrumors 6502a
Jan 15, 2003
Brooklyn, NY
Originally posted by jimthorn
That's an excellent point, but I wonder how well the iBook's plastic case will handle the increased heat output of the G4...

And let's not forget about the current "white spots" problem with many of the new 15" PowerBooks.

All in all, I'll wait til at least Christmas before I think about giving up my current 900MHz G3 iBook. It runs great.

Do u really think that will be a problem? My girlfriend was going to get the 900 g3 ibook at the beginning of the month and i asked around and the general response was for me to wait till the new ones came out. Should I tell her to wait even longer? She really needs a laptop.

teabgs

macrumors 68030
Jan 18, 2002
behind you
Originally posted by markjones05
Do u really think that will be a problem? My girlfriend was going to get the 900 g3 ibook at the beginning of the month and i asked around and the general response was for me to wait till the new ones came out. Should I tell her to wait even longer? She really needs a laptop.

no, you should get one of the new ones. They wont be updated at that point.

now is the best time to buy....he/she (the one you quoted) has one already...and a very recent one, soo there is really no need to update for them....

your gf should get one now if she needs one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.