I want a new car!!! (uk)

Discussion in 'Community' started by millar876, Jul 22, 2005.

1. millar876 macrumors 6502a

millar876

I have decided that i want a new car (if i can afford it when my inheritance comes in. I have a 1.6 petrol vauxhall astra at the moment, and im verry happy with the ride and reliability (2001 51 reg).

I want somthing that looks sporty without being too sporty (therfore not costing the earth to insure), about a group 4-6 maybe 7o r 8 at a PUSH.

I've been looking at a few cars in showrooms and as far as i can find, the best value that fits seems to be a Citroen C4 coupe (3door) VTS+ 1.6 Turbo diesil, with the security pack (alarm, and side acoustic laminated glass, immoboliser is standerd) and the JBL 500W 9speakers (inc Sub Woofer) and amp pack.

any one got one of these or similar and care to give me a real world review, or sujest an alternative. (the first person to sujest a Ford dies horribly, and ill tell people it was on their way to a dell user group meeting that they went to to brag about their new dimension. specialy if they think about recomending a focus. FORD, = Fixed Or Repaired Daily. however my opinion is my own and you are entitle to yours, I just Hate Fords)

i looked at the astra spoart hatch, but it felt slower and more wollowey thal the astra i got just now.

2. iGav macrumors G3

The C4's not a bad looking piece of kit is it... funky steering wheel as well. Are Citroën still heavily discounting and giving them away with every Big Mac?

Autocar review

Not sure if they're all that great to drive though.

I was just about to recommend a new Focus... :p by far and away the best drivers car in it's class, and arguably the most well screwed together one as well... but if you don't value driving credentials or build quality.

What about a Megane Sport?

:p... sorry I couldn't resist a chuckle, especially when you're going from a Vauxhall to a Citroën... :p

3. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

Can't really help with your situation just thought the google supplied ad at the bottom of this page was slightly weird.

Attached Files:

• huh.jpg
      huh.jpg
      File size:
      92.7 KB
      Views:
  4. millar876 thread starter macrumors 6502a

millar876

I have driven a Focus 1.8 Zetech (new shape) and i dont know what the people are on who revier the thing, its not all that good, ride is spungy and dulland performance is poo. i hated it onlt slightly less than the old one. And the interior, the plastic on the cheapest Dell cases looks less cheap/crap, and well screwed together? i dont know abuot that part. the interior fell apart on me in the show room.

5. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Isn't Citroen as reliable as a french car? :p

Surely getting another Vauxhall is better than getting a Citroen. Vauxhall's aren't the best company either, but better than Citroën.

6. millar876 thread starter macrumors 6502a

millar876

i have had no problems with my astra that wernt due to fair warw and tare (new tyres at 30,000 miles, new brakes at about 40,000 miles and im at 37,000ish now) and ive had it from new.

7. dops7107 macrumors 6502a

dops7107

8. iGav macrumors G3

Vauxhalls are shockers... look up banal in a dictionary, and one of the definitions is Vauxhall. :p

Citroën, well I think they're finally finding their way out of the most insipid period of car design I can remember from a european marque, who can forget the Xsara, C5, Picasso etc etc :eek:. The C4's a fine looking car though, as is the new C6.

Well these folk and many others judging by the awards it's picking up disagree with you, and agree with me.

You didn't mention about a Renault Megane Sport?

What about a Skoda Fabia vRS?

If you want a sporty looking car... then the C4 likely ticks all your boxes, but if you want a better drivers car, I'd look else where... sounds like you've already made your mind up though.

9. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

i dont see your point about fords, maybe 10 years ago but not now

10. millar876 thread starter macrumors 6502a

millar876

look! i just dont like fords, ste scoda looks to be a good wee car but looks a bit too boxy, I can get a 1.8 celica for less than a focus (ok not the bottom end of fords rang of focus's but still?) Astra spoart hatch, I'd love one of them, but looking online, id still have to pay more than the price im looking at for the car and options id want, then have to spend more again changing the stereo and speakers.

My budget is only going to be about £10,000-13,000 + trade in value of my astra (£3600-4500 from vauxhall dealership without seeing it) and then there is the insuarance groups to conscider. My astra is 5E, I would like to stay in that region 4-6 ish.

11. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I can understand his dislike of Fords. I wouldn't buy a Ford either, no matter what people tell me they are like in 2005. Same with GM.

I do forgive and forget, but it hasn't been long enough.

PS: I own a 2005 Hyundai Getz. Incredible car, and it's a Hyundai, so lets just say I forgave Hyundai for their early years.. ;)

12. iCe Cube macrumors regular

I don't mind the look of Fords (apart from the ka :eek: ) but it is the name and the badge which I dislike for some strange reason. My bro has a Mark V Golf GT TDi and he loves it!