I want flying toasters X

Discussion in 'Community' started by BaghdadBob, Jun 30, 2003.

1. BaghdadBob macrumors 6502a

BaghdadBob

You know, screensavers used to be an unstabilizer and a resource hog...I guess they still can be, but with the stability of X, I think the screensaver suites should be revived. I'd like to see AfterDark come back (yes, the front page story made me think of it).

I especially want my good old flying toasters.

It's just...no one made screen savers like After Dark, they had personality.

Does anyone else want to see what a modernization of the old suites would look like? What screensaver would you like to see most?

2. tpjunkie macrumors 65816

tpjunkie

3. BaghdadBob thread starter macrumors 6502a

BaghdadBob

Well I'll be, so it does...might have to closely consider it....so, anybody have an old favorite?

Cool...

4. pEZ macrumors 6502

Wow, as far as After Dark goes - I was a huge fan of the "Can of Worms", "Strings Theory", and "Vertigo" modules - they really brightened up my day, back in the day.

Flying toasters were never really my thing. Though they were much cooler when put to the tune of "Ride of the Valkyries" by Richard Wagner. Totally worked.

5. BaghdadBob thread starter macrumors 6502a

BaghdadBob

Satori used to be one of my favorites...the funny thing is, I remember when you would have it load the pattern gradually, it would take minutes to reach full resolution. A computer today would do it instantaneously in the background and not even blink...