I want my finder back!

Discussion in 'macOS' started by PYR0M310N, Mar 4, 2007.

1. PYR0M310N macrumors 6502a

PYR0M310N

A while back i downloaded a trial version of candybar to change the icons for things in the dock. i changed the one for finder, but this seemed to have no effect as the finder stayed as the default. i didn't think anything of this, and just happily removed candybar from my system.

i have just now used onyx in the vain hope of making my system go faster, but now it has changed the finder picture to "fry from futurama" which looks is the picture i tried to put on in candybar. but now seeing it, i don't really like how it goes with the rest of my dock. is there a way of changing it back to the default?

2. Shadow macrumors 68000

Shadow

Download Candybar and click 'Return to Defaults'. Log out and in again, and you should be fine.

3. PYR0M310N thread starter macrumors 6502a

PYR0M310N

that hasn't worked as when you re-install candybar, it saves the ones you have at the time as the default so the one i now have of Fry is what candybar thinks is default

4. PYR0M310N thread starter macrumors 6502a

PYR0M310N

i found a way to change it.

you have to go into the library and find the finder programme and drag that into the candybar icon of finder which writes over the one you have.