I want my ipod to be happy.

Discussion in 'Daily Tunes Site Discussion and Feedback' started by hmbldtgrl, Aug 18, 2004.

1. hmbldtgrl
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors newbie

Hi diddly-ho neighbors- Alright- I have had PCs until recently and switched over to Macs. I now have 3 macs! Geez, I am crazy! Well, my ipod wants music and I want to make my new ipod happy so where is the best place that isn't expensive to download music for a mac user? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch.

2. iLikeMyiMac
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

iLikeMyiMac

Well I'm sure you've tried iTMS but you think its too expensive. Thats pretty much your only option to download music for the mac.

3. hmbldtgrl
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors newbie

I did try it. I was just wondering if there was anything cheaper. I'm a bargin hunter at heart what can I say. If someone is getting it cheaper I'm there. Ya know what I mean. Thanks for your reply.

4. hesitaliandad
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors member

there are always the Russian mp3 sites, but i am not 100% sure on their legality. allofmp3 comes to mind. got any friends with a lot of cd's? you can do it that way too.

5. iLikeMyiMac
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

iLikeMyiMac

There are some sites that let you download music. You could try the further network link .Quote from site, "The Furthur Network is the first and only 100% non-commercial, open-source, peer-to-peer network of legal live music created by fans for fans!" I haven't tried it yet but I'm going to now.
    allofmp3.com is temporally not accepting PayPal so unless you want to give your credit card info to a russian site I'd give it a week or two

6. hmbldtgrl
    Expand Collapse

thanks..

very helpful. thanks a lot for the info

7. Littleodie914
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Acquisition...

Aquisition for Mac OS X is also a very stable, very efficient and easy to use P2P program. I use it to preview songs before I actually buy them on iTMS... ;) Good luck!

8. nfocus design
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors regular

nfocus design

You may find other download sources for less, but I think iTMS is by far the best. For me, it's the only way to go :)

9. hmbldtgrl
    Expand Collapse

thank you everyone. so helpful. I love mac people! * hugz all around*

10. iLikeMyiMac
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

iLikeMyiMac

I ususally find that the 30 sec preview is enough for me to decide if I want it or not except for the songs where the preview is just the first 30 sec of the song where most of it is an intro and not a clip from the middle.