I want my iTV

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by miTunes75, Jan 5, 2007.

1. miTunes75 macrumors 6502

I want my....
    I want my....
    I want my iTV

I totally can't wait for this little item to come out. I already told the wife I'm getting one when it comes out. I know it's not called iTV but, whatever it'll be called. I'm excited about being able to scroll through my music wirelessly and play it through my home theater system two rooms away. THAT is very cool. I haven't done the whole ripping DVD thing, because I can't seem to get it to work without the picture being choppy, plus, have all the 5.1 surround sound features, etc. So, music that I have ripped from my cds losslessly and music videos that i have purchased from iTunes is good enough for me! I can't wait for this to come out.

Hopefully, when this whole MacWorld conference thing is going, it'll mention the streetdate. When is the MacWorld Conference thing anyway? When it's going on, I'm sure the apple site will stream it during and after like it has with the previous ones, right?

Who ELSE is EXCITED about this wonderful little item?

2. Mac'Mo macrumors 6502a

Mac'Mo

3. ste6168 macrumors newbie

ummm.... about the whole ripping DVD thing, have you tried the program called handbrake? it works really well for me and also lets you choose whether or not to keep the 5.1 or use stereo sound. just a thought, also i think the keynote presentation is on the 9th (correct me if im wrong).

4. 4np macrumors 6502a

4np

5. emptyCup macrumors 65816

emptyCup

Wow. If you're this excited now, think how excited you'll be when you actually know what it is.

6. AppleIntelRock macrumors 65816

AppleIntelRock

Apple will not stream live, however you well be able to watch the keynote a few hours after the event. As far as iTv goes, yes- I think it is a very cool item, however I'm not quite as excited as you are ;)

7. ste6168 macrumors newbie

isnt that the truth? :eek:

8. dan-o-mac macrumors 6502a

dan-o-mac

If it's just going to stream music and video to my tv wirelessly I'm not going to be so excited.

9. AppleIntelRock macrumors 65816

AppleIntelRock

Unless the product Steve presented is a complete decoy, it seemed to be in the final phases of development. I'm slightly perplexed as to why the fist product we were ever given a glimpse of pre-release is as dull and unexciting as this. He said it would help us understand where apple is going, and now the whole "welcome to 2007 bit." Could this Macworld possibly be the biggest MWSF ever?

10. dan-o-mac macrumors 6502a

dan-o-mac

Now you got me a little more excited! :D

11. AppleIntelRock macrumors 65816

AppleIntelRock

Tell me about it! The event's leading up to this MWSF are very unique, unlike the basic routine procedure that was initiated before previous MWSF's. All I'm saying is, I'm beginning to get very excited. Do you notice how the "iPhone" is the ONLY thing sites have been talking about as of late? Could this possibly be a decoy? Could Steve have done the seemingly impossible and kept an entirely new product secret? Who knows. I sure hope so :D.

12. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

iTablet is also a rumour, along with smaller ones e.g. New displays with built in iSights and "true" vPod. 12" form factor is also being discussed.

13. AppleIntelRock macrumors 65816

AppleIntelRock

I would hate to have to come to your house ;)