I want my WoW (addiction back)!

Discussion in 'Games' started by DrStrangelove, Oct 10, 2006.

1. DrStrangelove macrumors 6502

Mar 26, 2006
    Some time earlier in the year I bought WoW and boy did I get addicted. It was an addiction that I controlled however. It was MY TIME after the family was in bed and I really enjoyed it thoroughly. I played for several months.

Then in July my wife was diagnosed with cancer. The treatment period is a long, hard row to hoe, but my wife is a champ and she IS beating the thing (Stage 4 Follicular Lymphoma). I stopped playing WoW. Simply didn't have the time.

So, about a month ago-- after we grew accustomed to her treatment schedule and how she reacts to it, I thought-- time to give WoW another shot. I played one night for an hour and coudln't get into it. A couple of days went by, I logged in again and was off in about 15mins.

It's not as if I don't have the time. At this point it's not even as if I'm preoccupied with her illness. I'm still spending time surfing the net, that's for sure. But I just can't seem to get back into it.

Just venting- I'm sure there's no answer. But I miss what it once was to me is all.
  2. twistedlegato macrumors 65816

Jun 15, 2006
    :( :(

I hope your wife can pull it through... You guys can BOTH play WoW!

3. killmoms macrumors 68040

Jun 23, 2003
    Washington, DC
    My WoW addiction would come in fits and starts. I'd get way into it, then get tired of playing, then have to stop for time constraint reasons, then I'd play for a bit and get back into it... It was some crazy rollercoaster. I've decided to sell my account now though, since most of my friends stopped playing.