I want one

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Beej, May 10, 2002.

1. Beej macrumors 68020

Beej

Check out this t-shirt. I want one. I usually don't mind helping, but it really gives me the shiznits when people ask for help without trying to work it out for themselves.

Since when did being a CompSci student make you infinitely knowledgeable, infinitely patient, and have an infinite amount of time on your hands to fix other peoples problems?

Now, when money is involved, my story changes... ;)

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Are you travis-posting? (asking for someone to buy this for you?)

It is pretty funny, though. They've got a bunch of really good stuff in the other catagories, I might have to get some myself. Got root?

3. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

hey...I'm really in need of a laptop to do some work...

I cannot tell u what type of work....but I would appreciate a donation from one of u guys...

would u give me your TiBook??

oh....wait....wrong thread!!! :D

anyway...that t-shirt is awesome!! I love Think-Geek....they got some really cool caffeine "paraphenalia" :D :p ;)

4. Beej thread starter macrumors 68020

Beej

LOL :D Good phrase.

No, I'm not, but hey, donations to the "Beej's Holiday to a Tropical Place Fund" are always welcome, if anyone feels so inclined! :p

5. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

That's another one for the lexicon

Sorry, can't help with the BHTP Fund, but here's a little something to get you in the mood. Took this in Fiji (Malamala Island)

6. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Nut's missed the image, sorry

Attached Files:

• mm.jpg
      mm.jpg
      File size:
      39.2 KB
      Views:
  7. Beej thread starter macrumors 68020

Beej

*drools* Oh sweet dude! That looks awesome! I'm going to Fiji in July... I can't wait. That photo has just made me even more impatient to get over there!

*shakes tin with a few coins in it* Money for the BHTP fund? Money for the BHTP fund? :D

8. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Fiji was awesome. I've been there twice and absolutely loved it. You know where you're going?

Malamala Island was nice to look at, as you can see in the shot, but if you translate it from the Fijian, you get a better understanding why its really not worth the trip.

Malamala = Itchy

Itchy Island - named so because it seems to be the breeding grounds for jelly fish. I went snorkling around the reefs there and was wondering why the guides were wearing full body wet suits. 10 minutes later after running through an invisible wall of baby jelly fish (they were about the 1/4 the size of a penny) I launched myself out of the water and into the boat. :eek:

I spent the rest of the day taking pics.

9. teabgs macrumors 68030

teabgs

hehehe...that's pretty damn funny. :D sucks a big one though. But hey..that's a GREAT picture. It makes me wish I had money, and vacation time, and that I could even go anywhere....:( oh well, one day I guess....

10. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Its one of my favorite pics, I had it printed out as an Iris Glicee print, 40x30. I still need to get it framed. But it looks damn good. Glad you like it.

Fiji is pretty cheap, go if you ever get the chance.

11. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

where do i make my donations?

dukey-nice picture. how much did it cost to get printed?

12. macstudent macrumors 6502

macstudent

Don't forget, we are parked in the itchy lot.

13. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

There is a place here in old town that does them, they're somewhat affiliated with the Torpedo Factory. I did it for trade - updated a website. Worked out nice. I go 3 prints on a large sheet, 2 1/4 size and 1 1/2 size. It would normally run $400, $200 for the scan and processing, $200 for each print. The nice thing is if I wanted to go get more prints, it would only cost $200 for another sheet.

14. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

hmm. 200. maybe i could trade them some other services...

"shine your shoes, guvna?!"

ps. according to you, everything's better in "old town". ha

15. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Hardly, don't get me started on some of the crazy crap going on in town. I've just mentioned some of the better things in town, and why not? Its my home now, I can walk to everything I need, we have some great friends here. So far so good.

Have fun at the apple store and post something from there.

16. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

I actually do charge to fix people's home systems... I charge enough to make it so that people don't call me over the little ****, but wait until it really piles up. How else do you think I could put as much down on my Harley as I did?? :D

I like this shirt better http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/apparel/3814.shtml :D

17. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I want one too! I'm sick of people saying...

"You work with computers don't you? Can you help? I have a little problem."

Translated...

"I've messed up my computer completely and don't know what to do!"

18. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

I can't get away from that at work, since I am a tech here. Everywhere else though, I charge by the hour. I will give people ideas as to where to look and see if that is their issue, but if they want me to go to them... then they better get to the bank and get some cash before I get there. Unless I get paid before I leave their location, I can (but have yet to have to) make their systems that I just repaired pretty much useless. Pull one or two items, and they are down until I get paid (either the mobo battery, all the RAM, or the ribbon for the hard drive).

Yes I am evil, when I want to be... you got a problem with that???? Good

19. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

The message in the shirt is great, but for me, I want people to be able to read it. One liners are the best.

But as for the tech thing, oh do I hate that. I got one this morning that really got me going. One of the support staff got asked to burn CDs, she didn't know what to do so she emails me, 'you're the only one I know who can do it'. That's crap, I wasn't in, been home all day, and all she had to do was ask around, we have over 100 employees at the main office, 30% of them have CD burners. Sometimes people just get lazy and don't bother thinking. I'm just happy I got to tell her to go to a couple of other people, now I won't be the only one any more....:rolleyes:

20. Beej thread starter macrumors 68020

Beej

You can send money orders (only donations larger than $50 are appreciated) to:

Beej's Holiday to a Tropical Place Fund
    c/- Funds for Unworthy Causes (FUC)
    123 Riff-off Street
    Conville 6666

And please remember, only donations larger than $50 are appreciated!

21. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

hmmmm conville.... sound like a nice place to live:D

22. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

IchyIchy Island Photo

Here you go beej. I'll have to ask arn to allow attaching of files for the pm, but there might be some issues with that, don't know. The image I had printed was extremely high res, I have to get a CD from them, I never did, so this is the highest res I have. Hope it will do.

D

Attached Files:

23. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

I can have a view just like that 45 minutes from my house! That is the beauty of this country, that is why I do not want to leave:(