I want this Dell...

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by SeRgIo_42, Jun 13, 2005.

1. SeRgIo_42 macrumors member

2. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

A freind of mine has run Tiger on his Dell Laptop it is not hard to do if you have a decent knowledge of linux. WHich i dont.....I think he did it by getting darwin linux and installing it through that, i am not sure exactly how but you can find more info if you google it.....

The only problem is that as the video shows it runs EXTREMELY slow even on a fast PC, it works far worse than my 6 year old powermac, so its not worth doing by any means but it does look pretty cool!!!

ShadOW :D

3. real_murray macrumors member

i call fake

I dont know about this. My call: Fake

Full screen VNC connection maybe? Graphics seem choppy. Not 'slow hardware' choppy, but 'this is being encoded and sent over a network ala VNC' choppy.

What do you guys think?

4. risc macrumors 68030

risc

Darwin WHAT?

5. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Hahahaha I've tricked so many people doing that. That's just PearPC in full screen mode. :p I can tell because my genie effect worked the same exact way; jumpy like that. Same with Safari scrolling speeds. Nice try, but you can't fool itasor.

6. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

Actually, I am willing to bet that the person did the same thing CherryOS, the fake Mac OS Emulator did - take the PPC code and change numbers so it acts faster. Also, the video was sped up a little (its obvious after watching it more than once...)

7. y0zza macrumors regular

No. It's VNC. PearPC wouldn't have that kind of artifacting when redrawing the screen. Refer to this thread

8. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

I used PearPC for 2 weeks and it exactly like that, although it could be VNC too. What does it matter? We know it's fake. No "intel" version of OS X would run jumpy like that.