I Want To Learn Final Cut Pro?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by cdubb213, Sep 21, 2005.

1. cdubb213 macrumors member

I've been ineresting in learning FCP since I went to film school. There was one class a week on FCP and it wasn't enough for me learn it clearly. I don't want to go back to film school and waste alot of money to learn FCP, is there any good books that could teach me how to master it. I am a independent director I do low-budget short movies and low-budget music videos for my friends, so I wanted to edit them myself instead of letting someone else do it for me.

Please give me some feedback!

2. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

kenstone.net

Post in Digital Video. You'll get more targeted responses there.

3. robx2 macrumors member

The Apple Pro Training Guide books are very good and suprisingly readable. I teach FCP as part of a multimedia class at a university, and we've begun requiring the basic book for the class. The advanced book is even better -- gives a good intro to color correction and audio finishing -- all the stuff you need to move your work into the professional realm.

4. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

5. cdubb213 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks everyone, all of your suggestions are very helpful. Do you know how much these books will cost me?

6. VanMac macrumors 6502a

VanMac

Do you have a .mac account? There are a bunch of tutorials and learning materials on the pro tools provided in the learning center. Maybe be worth the subscription for you if you are not a .mac user.

7. FF_productions macrumors 68030

FF_productions

As mentioned before, please visit the apple final cut pro forums. They will figure out your problems/questions in minutes. :)

8. cdubb213 thread starter macrumors member

Logically can someone learn FCP without a teacher. I know a book will be very helpful but would that be enough for me to be good at it or do you think I should go take some classes first, to learn the basics.

9. ammon macrumors regular

I never took any classes and I never purchased any books. I started with the FCP 1.0 user manual and went from there.

The other best thing you can do is edit! Practice makes perfect!

10. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

I learned without a teacher - at least not in a class. FCE though, not FCP. I have to say it was difficult to unlearn some of the stuff I learned with iMovie. I wish I would have started with Final Cut, it's a lot different IMHO :cool: