I was dumb, trashed and emptied my ichat, PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by memorable2, Jun 29, 2006.

1. memorable2 macrumors newbie

Jun 29, 2006
    I was looking to download ichat again, but my mac is 10.4.6, so i cant download the new ichat av 2.1. I want you to help me find a place to help me download ichat again that can be run in 10.4.6 THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPORATION. PLEASE HELP!
  2. Queso macrumors G4

Mar 4, 2006
    You can re-install iChat from your Mac's Tiger installation disks. You will need to find the package that contains it (I don't have a disk with me, anyone else able to help with the location?), then extract the iChat program and drag it back to your Applications folder. Use a program named Pacifist to extract the iChat files.

Remember though that the version on your installation disk will be older than the one 10.4.6 needs. Download the OSX 10.4.6 combo updater from Apple and run it again. This will update the iChat you've installed to the correct version.

BTW, if you have an Intel Mac, you will need the 10.4.6 Combo updater from here. For PowerPC, use the link above :)

Remember that the version of iChat must match the version of QuickTime installed, and that the poster has not specified which architecture they are on yet. The version you have may not work on the OP's computer.
  3. bokim1 macrumors newbie

Jul 9, 2009
    can u send me the app??? email is dontmesswidme50@yahoo.com
  4. -tWv- macrumors 68000

May 11, 2009

I will, I just did.

EDIT: I just realized that you are running 10.4 and I'm running leopard. It might not work.
  5. -tWv- macrumors 68000

May 11, 2009
    Follow my instructions on this thread about how to get back photobooth. Just substitute photobooth for ichat

NOTE: ichat may be in a different place than what i said for photobooth but if you just search for it in the search bar that shouldn't be a problem
  6. MacDawg macrumors P6

Mar 20, 2004
    "Between the Hedges"
    Just FYI, posting your email publicly is never a good idea
    You would be better off sending a PM with your email as suggested above

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]