Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Verto

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
Denton, TX
and left the store with a 4gb Nano.

Damn Apple and their pricing :(

Well, for 20 bucks more, you can double your size from 512-1GB....but who wants 1GB with no screen? Why not get the 1GB Nano then, for 130 or so....but then, you can double your size for just 50 bucks...and why settle for 2 GB, when you can get 4GB for just another 50 bucks?

70$ -> 250$.

Plus the armband.

I need more self-control.

(By the way, it's black. And, while I was there, I persuaded three (3) other people into buying iPods.

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
I find that it's often less time-consuming to go to the store to buy the most expensive Apple product in the lineup. You know you'll do it anyway, and that way you don't waste valuable time baiting and switching yourself up the product line. ;)

Josh396

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2004
Peoria/Chicago, IL
jsw said:
I find that it's often less time-consuming to go to the store to buy the most expensive Apple product in the lineup.
I agree. Whenever I go to the Apple Store to buy something I make sure I enter the store with the idea I am going to buy the most expensive model in order to save the time I would waste convincing myself to buy the better model anyways.

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
Whenever i buy something that is some sort of storage i go for the biggest one i can get...Always go to the apple store or any store with that thing in mind or else you will come out with more than you wanted and a smaller account.

Bless

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
haha, I couldn't help laughing as I read this because most of us have been there. Don't worry about it - just enjoy your great new toy!

steve_hill4

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2005
NG9, England
I do that to some people at times. They come in looking for something, but realise after speaking to me, what they want to buy and what they want it for aren't realistic.

• I want a 12" PowerBook. I also need a cardslot for my CompactFlash.
  • You need a 15" for that.
  • That's a bit more than I was looking for.
  • Well, you get a bigger screen, higher res, bigger HD, faster CPU, gigabit ethernet, ambient backlit keyboard, full DVI, S-Video, widescreen....
  • Okay, I wanted a smaller one, but I guess that's worth the extra £300 and it isn't that much bigger.

When shopping around, be realistic in your needs. :)

geekologist

macrumors member
Jan 14, 2006
Texas
Then for 50 bucks more you can get a 30GB iPod and have 6 times the storage. I think the should lower the prices by $50 on each Nano. Making the 1G $100 and the 2GB $150 and the 4GB $200.

cooknwitha

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2005
London
Welcome to the exclusive club of pathetic Apple-lovers with no self-control. Last year I was going to buy a basic 12" iBook but by continuing to go "for X more dollars, I can get this", in the end I got a maxed out 12" Powerbook.

It's a curse but an enjoyable one. :D

prostuff1

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2005
Don't step into the kawoosh...
I did the same thing with my computer purchase for school. I knew a 12in PowerBook would be perfect andjust ad an external HD for storage. But i ended up coming out with a 12in iBook and a 17in Superdrive iMac. Dont really regret it at all...now i have 2 computers to play with instead of one. :p

Verto

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
Denton, TX
Benjamindaines said:
HAHA, at least you took others down with you. Got any pics?

Not yet.

I'm surprised he didn't just get the 30GB iPod. Heck, it was only $50 more for 7x the memory.

Well, my whole reason for shopping for an iPod was to get something for jogging. I did consider the 30GB, but restrained myself.

Verto

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 20, 2005
Denton, TX
One thing that is bugging me though, is there not any way to remove all those games and stuff?

Ish

macrumors 68020
Nov 30, 2004
UK
... and I went into a store on Friday and bought a 30 GB ipod (which is what I went for). Didn't come out with any speakers though, because I asked which were the best for under £100. Then, of course, just to compare, I asked to listen to the others ...

steve_hill4

macrumors 68000
May 15, 2005
NG9, England
cooknwitha said:
Welcome to the exclusive club of pathetic Apple-lovers with no self-control. Last year I was going to buy a basic 12" iBook but by continuing to go "for X more dollars, I can get this", in the end I got a maxed out 12" Powerbook.

It's a curse but an enjoyable one. :D
Why the 12" PowerBook? For a little more you could have got so much more for your money with the 15" PowerBook. Bigger HD, faster G4, brighter, higher res, widescreen display, backlit keyboard, gigabit ethernet etc

While that may be humourous, I was being serious to an extent.;)

cooknwitha

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2005
London
steve_hill4 said:
Why the 12" PowerBook? For a little more you could have got so much more for your money with the 15" PowerBook. Bigger HD, faster G4, brighter, higher res, widescreen display, backlit keyboard, gigabit ethernet etc

While that may be humourous, I was being serious to an extent.;)

Size. :) 12" is what I needed. Hmmm.... sounds a little dirty. :eek:

iShane

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2006
New York -> SF
Haha. This happened to me once. I took my uncle to the Apple Store just to ''look'' at computers. Soon after getting there he decided that he would actually like to purchase one-an eMac. Then he became interested with the iMac G5. He finally walked out of the store with the top of the line iMac. :) :D

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
My 20 gig iPod purchase turned into a 40 gig iPod purchase (this was mainly due to me about to buy a 3G then the 4Gs were released doubling my space for the same price)
My iMac G5 purchase turned into a PowerMac G5 purchase
My 12" PowerBook purchased turned into a 15" PowerBook (w/ the faster processor and superdrive to boot) purchase
My 30 gig iPod (5G) purchase turned into a 60 gig iPod purchase

This stuff is like crack :D

Buschmaster

macrumors 65816
Feb 12, 2006
Minnesota
I jumped from an iPod mini to a iPod photo on the way to the electronics section of Target...

I figured if I had the money might as well splurge ;)

Have fun with your new Nano!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.