I will go buy a macbook today if...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Brandon Chapman, Jul 20, 2006.

  1. Brandon Chapman macrumors newbie

    Jul 17, 2006
    I have been waiting so long, going crazy, i need one now. I was going to wait to see if the macbooks (pro) get Memrom(sp?), but I just cant do it. I KNOW some of you know how I feel. I have just enough for the middle of the line macbook (the one that i wanted, were I to get a macbook and not a pro.) I was going to have enough for the low-end pro by the end of WWDC, but I just can't. I want it so much right now. The only way I'll wait now, I think, is if people think that macbooks will get memroms.

    By the way, I do feel silly. I know I am acting like a kid, but I don't care. I want it now!:eek:
  2. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus


    Oct 8, 2002
    The Bamboo Forest
    I think they will.

    Now you have to wait.

    Although it might not happen until 2036.
  3. p0intblank macrumors 68030

    Sep 20, 2005
    New Jersey
    Be patient! Trust me, just be patient. I'm not saying I am predicting anything... it's just that you will end up kicking yourself if something IS released. It's only what, two weeks away? The best things in life are worth waiting for.

    I know, I sound like a fortune cookie.
  4. DJMastaWes macrumors 65816


    Jan 14, 2006
    Montreal, Quebec

    But I know how you feel. I want my MacBook Pro NOW!!! But I'm waiting untill WWDC, to see what happens, and then I will diside if I should wait untill September 12th. I think with the new chips and a new design, it will be worth it.
  5. Brandon Chapman thread starter macrumors newbie

    Jul 17, 2006
    Man, I hear you. I just need somthing to distract me for two weeks. I might pick up a hobby or something to hold me over. As it stands now, I feel like if i dont go to the apple store tonight, the world will end. Gee wiz, it sounds like im some spoiled brat. I swear I am not. I have just worked so hard to save and get one, now that I can I just want it and don't care about the upgrades. Even though I do. I would hate to get one and it get upgraded.
  6. NWAMacTech macrumors member

    Jul 14, 2005
    Dont overlook the possibility that if the MacBook Pro's get the meroms. The shipping time may goto 6-8 weeks. Apple is VEEEEEEERY good at anouncing before releasing. I say get the MacBook and be happy with it.
  7. R.Youden macrumors 68020


    Apr 1, 2005
    I doubt that will be the case with Intel, I know the MBP was a long wait but you did get a free upgrade (I think anyway).
  8. Demon Hunter macrumors 68020

    Mar 30, 2004
    I also know how you feel. That's why I bought the $1099 MacBook to tide me over... then, after Rev. B is announced, I'm selling it to my dad. ;)
  9. BAspecialCake macrumors member


    Jul 10, 2006
    Live on the IGN Boards
    The macbook purchase now should make you happy...

    There is always something better around the corner. Isn't the processor in the Macbook socketed anyways?
  10. Killyp macrumors 68040


    Jun 14, 2006
    I hope Apple really doesn't release a new processor for my MBP. I've just spent £1500 to move over to Macs, partly because I was fed up with my PC being out of date the moment I bought it....
  11. BAspecialCake macrumors member


    Jul 10, 2006
    Live on the IGN Boards

    It's the nature of ALL electronics...
  12. Abstract macrumors Penryn


    Dec 27, 2002
    Location Location Location
    This wait is pointless. You already know what's in Intel's pipeline up until 2010 or something. It has become annoying how many times this question has come up. Even if it goes into the MBP, which it will, it may not go into the MB until next June, or this time next year. Who knows, really. You can be waiting for nothing.

    Besides, I'd rather get the "low-end" MacBook and upgrade the RAM and HD if money is a concern for you. That's what I did, actually.

    Keep waiting. I really don't mind. However, I'd rather live my life.
  13. Jamesw macrumors member

    Jun 4, 2006
    True say, I caved in. Just went on a shopping spree.
    Ended up getting refurb MacBook Pro
    Swiss gear Synergy Bag
    .Mac software
    Mighty Mouse
    Soon to get 2GB RAM from CanandaRAM

    So yes, I am broke. Wait if you want, but if you want the most up to date, you will be waiting your whole life.
  14. pahanorlando macrumors member

    Jul 17, 2006
    its not really big difference between mac pro and regular mac
  15. CrEsTo macrumors 6502


    Jun 23, 2006
    How is it? I was waiting after WWDC but just ordered a refurb. MBP.
  16. mduser63 macrumors 68040


    Nov 9, 2004
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Wait if you can, but don't sweat it if not. The MacBooks are unlikely to be updated at WWDC, as they're still fairly new. The MBP might be updated, but it's a pro machine so it would actually be reasonable for it to have a better processor than the consumer MacBook. I bought my iMac last month knowing full well that there was a good chance that the iMacs will get new CPUs in a couple months. I don't care. I've had that much longer to use and enjoy (and I'm definitely enjoying it!) my iMac.
  17. Jamesw macrumors member

    Jun 4, 2006
    I have yet to recieve it. I ordered from the US store and I am in Canada right now. So I sent it down to my relatives in North Carolina which I will be visiting them next Saturday. When I get it, I will post up the condition/performance etc.
  18. fastlane1588 macrumors member

    Jun 27, 2006
    yea im having a hard time waiting to...i leave for college at teh end of august, but im going to wait it out, just beacuse of the new design and the 64 bit chip. I want my mbp to last me a good 4+ years, and I think the 64 bit capabilities will help once things start moving to 64 bit.
  19. smartalic34 macrumors 6502a


    May 16, 2006
    there is always going to be something faster... once you buy your machine, you have to sit back and think to yourself, "I've got a pretty fast computer," and be content. otherwise, the wait is never-ending. you can wait for WWDC if you want, but I wouldnt wait too much longer after that!
  20. GFLPraxis macrumors 604


    Mar 17, 2004


    Merom is the exact same price as Yonah, at higher speeds (for example, a 2 GHz Merom costs dollar for dollar the exact same amount as a 1.86 GHz Yonah). Intel is dropping the price of the Yonah after the release of Merom.

    I'd say either the MacBook gets Meroms, the MacBooks gets better Yonahs, OR the MacBooks will stay the same and get a price drop.

    I think the MBP is almost guaranteed to get Merom.
  21. generik macrumors 601


    Aug 5, 2005
    If the yonahs will drop in price it will be amazing if they fit in a 2ghz core duo in a mini.
  22. JurgenWigg macrumors 6502


    May 20, 2006
    The question you need to ask yourself is this: Why do you really need merom?

    It's not going to get you better battery life, it's going to get you more processing power, and I'm assuming because you're tempted by the macbook that you really don't need to do anything that would be benefitted by a 64-bit architecture.

    The MBPs might be getting a merom update by the end of august, early September. Maybe.

    The macbooks are probably not going to see merom for awhile.

    The macbooks also hae the magnetic latch thing which i think is a million times better than the pro's button.

    If I were you, I'd get the macbook now. They're incredibly fast machines, especially if you upgrade the ram (do it yourself, save some cash), and can have just as big hard drives as the pros.
  23. Brandon Chapman thread starter macrumors newbie

    Jul 17, 2006
    I got a macbook. I am in love with it. I know I will kick myself a little in a few (perhaps only 2 weeks...) months. But i love it now. And I know I will use it for many years to come. Thanks for all the help guys and I hope to start posting here more. This is a great forum.
  24. pavetheforest macrumors regular


    Apr 2, 2006
    Take up hop-skotching for two weeks, or maybe hoola hooping. The fun will be so overwhelming that you'll forget about buying, this way you get the latest and greatest @ MW.
  25. kaboutertje macrumors regular


    Jul 7, 2006
    Amsterdam, Netherlands
    Just ask yourself if you really need one now. I personally don't and am waiting for the next MBP update (or the MB), cause as of right now the difference in speed doesn't justify the price difference between the MB and the MBP. A MB would be a good deal though, but if you can wait a little bit longer you will probably see a speed bump.

Share This Page