I Will Personally Laugh In The Face Of Anyone Who Buys An iPad 2 For $399

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by Lynn Belvedere, Oct 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrumors regular

Seriously... to save a measly $100 you are going to buy an iPad that is 2 generations behind, barely 1/4 as powerful, and doesn't even have a retina display?

Why would anyone buy that thing? The iPad 4 is sooooooooooooooo far ahead of it and it's only $100 more.

It's beyond silly that Apple is still selling the iPad 2. The iPad 3 should be $399.

2. macrumors 601

An ipad 3 refurb is like $379 ?

I would go for that instead of the ipad 2

But I'm getting the mini

I'm glad I sold my ipad 3 for $415 a while back

3. thread starter macrumors regular

LOL... I hadn't even thought of that. You can pay LESS for an iPad that is infinitely superior in every way imaginable.

Tim Kook is messed up in the head with his wacky prices.

4. macrumors 6502a

Well, I bet everything will still sell quite well at these prices, so "messed up in the head" might just be a matter of perspective.

5. thread starter macrumors regular

In that case, I better prepare my vocal chords because I will be doing a LOT of laughing.

6. macrumors 6502a

I might just join you with a snicker or two... :p

7. macrumors 601

ActionableMango

I agree with you, but I bet it will continue to sell anyway.

You're going to rack up a lot of frequent flyer miles! :D

8. macrumors 6502a

I can see you don't have a marketing degree. iPad 2 is purely used in the pricing matrix as an comparison, so people like yourself will think = wow iPad 4 is such a great bargain. Lol, do you really think Apple is going to sell many ipad2? :rolleyes: of course not, save your vocal chords for next time. They will sell tons of iPad 4 and that is their objective.

9. macrumors 65816

the Mini fits the bill for the people that didnt want to pay for a full on iPad. I see it being a hot item for kids in school. Maybe even 1st year college students. it is quite clearly aimed as an education aid with their lead in of iBooks and the textbook information. I see headstart, magnet and advanced schools buying these in large numbers.

10. thread starter macrumors regular

Funny you say that, because I do have a business degree (graduated with honors, no less). Not that your reply has anything whatsoever to do with the original post. You are talking about Apple, I am talking about consumers. See the difference?

And the point still stands. Anyone who buys an iPad 2 at $399 will get laughed at... by me... right in their face. This is akin to Apple selling the iPhone 3GS for $599 in 2012. It's absolutely positively comical.

11. macrumors newbie

Wow, harsh.

Why mock people for their choices? I know some people who just love their ipad 2's. If Apple is selling off the last of their stock still and people want em, live and let live.

I mean really...what kind of ego would it take to go down to an apple store and spit upon the other customers? "An iPod classic, you say? Sir, I besmirch your name and curse your Luddite ways! Ptew!"

12. macrumors 6502

faiz23

roflmao :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

13. macrumors 601

ActionableMango

He's not berating the iPad2. He's berating the iPad2's current price as compared to other current iPad prices.

14. xofruitcake, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012

macrumors 6502a

You probably have not listened any of Tim Cook quarterly earning conference call talking about how popular Ipad 2 is...There is a lot of people buying Ipad 2. The $100 difference will mean a school district can get 125 ipad 2 for 125 class rooms instead of 100 ipad 3 for 100 class rooms.. Do you think it is a big deal that 25 additional classroom has Ipad available when money is tight? The $100 difference may not be important to you but it is to a lot of people. Ignorance does not give you the right to laugh at others. It just show you that you don't know the power of money.

15. macrumors 6502

The iPad 2 is selling very well in the educational market - where sensitivity to price point is extreme. And bulk purchases of refurbished product is not an option for that type of customer.

The 2 will sell very well - so my suggestion is to walk into as many secondary schools as your gas tank will allow and laugh out loud - they will think you're nuts - but what the hell - being right to a point is very important:D

16. macrumors 6502a

You managed to dodge the humiliation of paying $399!:p

Edit: Does sort of look like they're clearing them out.

17. thread starter macrumors regular

Those school districts are getting absolutely HOSED by Apple. They need to get Samsung on their speed dial, ASAP. I'm sorry, but $399 for that product (iPad 2) is beyond ridiculous.

18. macrumors 6502

faiz23

look at the date and you will see this was purchased in JULY of 2012 before the announcement :cool:

19. macrumors 65816

I'm really surprised that they're still selling the iPad 2. They should've just let the iPad mini replace it as the budget model. Bah, stupidity.

20. knucklehead, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012

macrumors 6502a

I just looked at Fry's website, and didn't see that they are currently selling the iPad 2.

Looks like they cleared them all out ... :cool::cool::cool:

PS - Enjoy your iPad - It's a fine device, and you got it for a good price. :eek:)

21. macrumors 68000

I will laugh if loads of people buy Ipad 4 and Ipad 5 comes out in March with a totally new design.

22. macrumors 6502

faiz23

actually that $299 ipad was for my cousin from Amsterdam who would have paid 599 EURO. I saved him a crapton of money slickdealing and using my resources. The ipad that is used by my wife and toddler i paid $369 for in march when they announced the ipad 3. I have that up on craigslist for $320 and already locked in a $300 trade in with amazon. I picked up a ipad 3 for the wifey and toddler. Neither of them care and only reason I did is it made sense. $334, free smart cover, free shipping, 5% cashback, retina, a5x, blah blah blah blah resale blah....

Attached Files:

23. macrumors 6502a

You're a better shopper than I am.
    I haven't had much luck with craigslist either... :mad:

24. macrumors 6502

I would definitely consider the iPad 2 for the fact alone that it's still the thinnest full sized iPad.

25. macrumors 68000

Medic311

and the lightest full size iPad

Dick Whitman, is that you?

LOLZ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.