i won the lottery .... not

Discussion in 'Community' started by andiwm2003, Aug 10, 2005.

1. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

Mar 29, 2004
    Boston, MA
    REF: : 54/010/IPD
    DATE: file:10/8/2005
    We are glad to inform you that your E-mail address
    appears as the confirmed Winner of our last
    July, 2005.Your e-mail address attached to ticket
    number ***************with Serial number *********drew
    lucky numbers 7-12-18-24-32-45, which Consequently won
    in the 2nd category, you have therefore been approved
    For a lump sum payment of One Million five hundred
    thousand united state dollars(US$1.5,000.000).
    Note,you do not require a ticket to enter for this lottery progamme.
    This promotional program takes place every year. All
    participants were selected through a computer ballot
    system drawn from over 100,000 companies and 50,000,
    000 individual email addresses and names from all over
    the world.
    In order to avoid unnecessary delays and complications
    please remember to quote your reference number and
    batch numbers in all correspondence.We ask that you
    keep your winning information confidential until your
    claims has been processed and your money remitted to
    you. Remember all winnings must be claimed not later
    than one week from today.
    After this date all unclaimed funds will be included
    in the next stake. To file for your claim or for
    further details, please contact our Agent Mr Henry Mark at
    his email address hmark@myway.com
    In respect of our commitment towards helping the less
    previledge, we ask that you voluntarily contribute 1%
    of your Alive winnings to any charity organization
    you desire at your convinience.
    You are required to keep your winning confidential untill
    you receive it to avoid complications.
    Congratulations once more from our members of staff.
    Alive Winning co-ordinator

i won 1.5 mio!!! i already kicked my bosses ass. i quit my job. i ordered a dudal 2.7 with a 30" display. i bought a mercedes.

wait, you think that's a scam? do you really think that sender <aliveloto1@o2.pl> is strange?? oh, no come on. that wouldn't be fair!

i hate this spam crap. how many dump people are going to fall for this? poor hmark@myway.com. he probably get 1 million emails now....... or is it just to collect active e-mail adresses of fools???

i hate spammers.
  2. alex_ant macrumors 68020

Feb 5, 2002
    All up in your bidness
    I got this too. It's real. They must have moved on to the second place winner when they couldn't get ahold of you. I gave them my savings acct # and just checked my online account status, and there it is! It suuuuure is nice to have $1.5m extra in the bank! I ordered 55 30" Cinema displays. I'm gonna construct a dome out of them and be totally surrounded on all sides. I've already unpacked them and set them on my balcony handrailing. Once I get them all hooked up... OH NO!!!!!!! Oh well, I'll just order another 55 more. The joys of being filthy rich!
  3. baxtyar macrumors newbie

Aug 12, 2005

I got the same ... so tell me please if this is really a spam crap email? Or it is true, take me a dump and please answer me :)
    I got the Guy IP address, if it is a spam we could report him to Ireland authority.
  4. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Dec 27, 2002
    Location Location Location
    I just don't understand how these scams even work. Sure, it's a scam, but I'm not paying them money, so even with my bank account number, what are they getting out of this? They can't make withdrawals from an account without me. Are they getting "the last laugh?" *gasp*
  5. iDM macrumors 6502a

Jul 6, 2005
    The Commonwealth of PA/The First State-DE
    Great stuff
  6. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mar 10, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    Hey... I also won today... aren't we a lucky bunch... :D

7. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

Feb 7, 2002
    i can vouch for this. ale x_ant and i are planning the world's takeover from our new dome stadium/command center. right now we have the flurry screen saver on all the screens and are totally shroooooooming dudes
  8. Quizari macrumors newbie

Sep 13, 2005
    They changed the email provider, its now aliveloto@tsmail.co.za. And there's a hotmail one, aliveloto5@hotmail.com. They didn't even change the reference number or lucky numbers in the form letter, just the date changed.

Takes about 5 emails to get them asking for you to send money before they can send your prize. $650us to be exact, care of apparently the author William Goldman at 9 Byland Close Southgate, once you get your instructions from the very convincing yahoo email address the Rev. Mrs Susan uses, globalmonetary1@yahoo.com.

Oddly enough Google can't find a 9 Byland Close, it can find the street but not in Southgate, but close by about 2 blocks away in Enfield, and oddly enough Alive Lottery Gaming Commission has its postal code wrong, should be the same as their neighbours at 4 Blyand Close, but isn't.

Think I'll ask them to take the fee off the top of my winning, or offer to split it 50/50 with them cause I'm just so poor.

I'm not offended its a scam, I'm offended its such a lazy one. Least they could have done was run a spellcheck on the form letters, or learned how to type basic numbers. Anyone who gets caught by this should be barred from breeding.