i-work and unicode

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Mr. Monsieur, Feb 4, 2005.

1. Mr. Monsieur macrumors 6502

hey folks...i'm trying to decide on a unicode enabled word processor and was on the verge of purchasing mellel, when i-work appeared...i can't find anything on the apple site that discusses whether or not i-work supports unicode fonts...can anyone tell me? and please let the answer be yes...otherwise i'm going to be really, really disappointed in steve...

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Since I can enter Japanese and various roman characters through two Japanese input methods, I would say that iWork does support Unicode.

3. Solafaa macrumors 6502a

Solafaa

I have iWork 05, i dont know what unicode is but if you could explan it to me and give me a link or whatever i need to test it i would do that asap and respond to you.

4. annk Administrator

annk

Staff Member

I've entered both simplified and traditional Chinese characters in Pages, using various fonts. I haven't tried to open any one else's Chinese docs, but since the imput is problem-free, I assume Unicode would not be a problem.

Nisus is also great for Asian imput...as is Apple Works.

5. Mr. Monsieur thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks for the responses...

Solaafa...i appreciate your kind offer...but i'm pretty sure i've got my answer-i think iwork is unicode enabled...you can learn about unicode here: <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unicode> it is definitely something worth learning about...especially if you're ever going to have to deal with different languages

appleworks, though, does *not* support unicode (one of its many achilles heels!)