i5 Car Mounts

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by drakestan, Nov 28, 2012.

1. drakestan, Nov 28, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2012

macrumors regular

I'm looking for a mount in my car for my iPhone 5. My state declares anything on the windshield illegal so that is out of the picture. What I'm looking for is either something that sticks into the cigarette lighter, or maybe a vent or something.

I've been looking at the other ones for the older iphones and generic phones but it looks like it supports it underneath (which may block the headphone jack). Does anyone know of any that have a designated hole for the headphone jack for an auxiliary cable to run through? Or one that doesn't support it from the bottom?

EDIT: Ha, nevermind. I found out that using the lighting USB cable will send out the audio just the same. Just need to find a nice mount and a second cable

2. macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted

I liked my EXOGEAR, but it just broke today. I might get another one but I'm looking for something a little different. I really don't like windshield mounts because the phone is so far away, and I don't like the phone blocking my view of the road.
    I did see one called WALLEE M (might be spelled wrong) that has several mounting options and utilizes strong magnets. There is a windshield mount, but I'm looking at a mounting button that I can stick on a pillar in my car and attach the phone to it.
    Also looking at the one that goes in the CD player, but kinda clunky looking.

3. macrumors member

I think this one looks pretty sweet. Im not really sure how it would feel to have a magnet sticking off the back of the phone though.

http://www.steelie.com/

4. macrumors member

Sheldonsmith

5. macrumors 6502

numberforty1

Mostly all universal Vent clip mounts will work too.

6. macrumors 6502

7. macrumors member

One of the bests its U-Tree iPhone 5 and you can buy on amazon

Code:
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008FQMUNQ/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B008FQMUNQ&linkCode=as2&tag=jetaehidhur-20

8. macrumors member

Bought H5 stand from Luxa2 maybe a year and a 1/2 ago (for my iPhone 4). Love it, and since it's just a adjustable width to hold my phone, it can still be used with the iPhone 5 (thought they released some new "Premium" version which looks exactly the same).

http://www.luxa2.com/product_showroom.aspx?s=21

It looks like the bottom part of the arm would be in the same spot as the headphone jack (if you use that as opposed to the lightning port for music). I mount it to my dash via one of those suction pad bases from a Garmin GPS unit.

9. macrumors 6502a

i like the mountek that can be found on amazon, sticks into the cd tray so on most cars its in a perfect position for GPS and to use

10. macrumors 68030

From A Buick 8

ProClip is a nice system, a bit $$ but works well.

11. macrumors 68040

Giuly

The iOttie One-Touch is also one of the nicer ones, with a one-finger locking and unlocking mechanism and a strong suction cup for the windshield.
    [​IMG]

12. macrumors 6502

I have a techmatte one. I have several products from this company, and they all are pretty good. When i bought it, ther was a sale on for this plus car charger with a few dollars off.

13. macrumors regular

alanrocks

I use the breffo spiderpodium. It's a different type of mount to the sucker cups ones. Works well!

14. macrumors 6502

I agree, $30 is a bit too much for that.

15. macrumors regular

I have the progrip car mount. It's a sight better than any $30 one, and it's lasted me for a few months now, no trouble at all. And it's only like $10.

16. macrumors regular

Available on Ebay from China.

Hope it comes soon on ebay. These guys charge too high and then get upset when chinese guys sell for few dollars only. Fair price it and people wont go that way.

17. macrumors 68000

1080p

18. macrumors 6502

Very true. People don't like the month long wait from China, so if it were priced a little better, they would definitely go with the Continental seller.

19. macrumors regular

alanrocks

20. macrumors 6502

21. macrumors regular

22. macrumors member

I use a techmatte one as well. It was on amazon for a pretty good price, and it works really well. It doesn't get in the way of any ports or cables.

23. macrumors regular

I use that one too.