Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MBABuyer

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 4, 2011
VA
I am going to get a 13" MBA, my local apple store has the maxed out MBA, but with the i5 processor. I am not sure what to do here.

I am going to use the laptop for imovie occasionally, iphoto, internet, email, itunes, and apps for school.

So, will I notice anything in switching between the i5 and the i7.

For me, I will have to wait next week, and pay extra for the i7. But I can get the 256gb MBA with i5 today from y local apple store. I will get the i7 if it makes any difference in performance that is noticeable, but will it for what I am going to use the computer for?

What do I do????? Will it affect anything?

Thanks, :D
Swayne

Chilulu

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
This has been covered in multiple threads, but I'll bite.

For what you mentioned, the i5 is probably sufficient. I say "probably" because I don't know what your "apps for school" consist of. Power draw would most likely be the same for both CPUs given your activities.

Personally, I'd get the i7 if you can afford it. Sure, you may end up never using the i7 to its full capacity, so people will say it's a waste in that case, but you really don't know for sure. So that's why I said "if you can afford it."

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.