Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

NightStorm

macrumors 68000
Jan 26, 2006
Whitehouse, OH
I updated to 9.3 beta 1 this morning and the trouble started. I am having a hard time pairing with Bluetooth. My Garmin Vivoactive wouldn't pair and everything else required many tries to pair until they worked. But not the Garmin. Anyone else having Bluetooth problems? Also while pairing the bluetooth icon was going from light to dark white. In the Bluetooth control panel I watched it go from connected to disconnected to connected then fail.
I am having this exact same problem with two of my Garmin devices. I submitted a bug report via the feedback app; hopefully it can be addressed soon!

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
Thanks for the responses.

So if i go for the public beta, can I revert back to 9.2.X when it gets released, or am I locked to the beta updates until the proper 9.3 releases? Will it mess up my IOS with junk files etc? One thing I hate is doing clean installs and having to go through importing everything back to my phone. I hate this thing.

Sorry for all the questions, but I am really excited with all these comments but I just got my 6s a month ago and I dont want to end up doing clean installs.

Thanks again.
You will get the "proper" 9.3 update when it releases unless it's the same build.Sometimes beta builds are released as public versions in which case you won't be updated

kladda

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2011
What happens with the note on OS X if you password protect it in iOS? Will this be a feature in OS X aswell?

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
Look at the screenshot. You can make the screen warmer or cooler depending on your preference.
To revisit my post now that I've installed the 9.3 beta on a device, the Nightshift mode only warms the display colors. The slider should really be labeled "warm" and "warmer." The entire range of adjustment is warmer in hue than with the setting turned off.

Reactions: Dephibio

Cakefish

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2015
You know one of the smaller things they added in the last few builds which I really appreciate is that movies no longer pause when you go into the cc or notifications panel.
Just noticed that YouTube no longer pauses - hallelujah!

joelw135

macrumors 6502a
Oct 15, 2008
New Jersey, USA
I have tried everything to get Bluetooth to work with my Garmin VivoActive, but it does pair with other devices like a Jawbone and a keyboard. So maybe I will just wait for a while.

cmeisenzahl

macrumors 6502
Oct 7, 2005
Only thing I'm noticing with 9.3 so far, when I unlock the phone with TouchID I often quickly see the request to enter my pass-code flash by quickly.

lukeellis

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2015
Houston, TX
I updated to 9.3 beta 1 this morning and the trouble started. I am having a hard time pairing with Bluetooth. My Garmin Vivoactive wouldn't pair and everything else required many tries to pair until they worked. But not the Garmin. Anyone else having Bluetooth problems? Also while pairing the bluetooth icon was going from light to dark white. In the Bluetooth control panel I watched it go from connected to disconnected to connected then fail.
I've got the Forerunner 230 and having the exact same problem. Is anyone having bluetooth pairing issues as well or is this a Garmin-only issue?

billchase2

macrumors 68000
Feb 28, 2006
Ann Arbor
After reading a few of the comments, I think I'll upgrade my iPad Air but hold off on my iPhone. Gotta see how the battery life is and I'd rather not have my phone super glitchy. I cannot wait to have night mode enabled. I've been sideloading F.lux and Goodnight for a while now.

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2008
Maybe it's just in my head, but TouchID seems to be less accurate than before. I will try rescanning my prints.

jmgregory1

macrumors 68040
I've got the Forerunner 230 and having the exact same problem. Is anyone having bluetooth pairing issues as well or is this a Garmin-only issue?

Connected to my Plantronics without issue. I was having BT usability issues on the previous beta, which I have not experienced yet (mainly not being able to answer a call on BT, or answering a call, but not hearing anything on the line.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
To revisit my post now that I've installed the 9.3 beta on a device, the Nightshift mode only warms the display colors. The slider should really be labeled "warm" and "warmer." The entire range of adjustment is warmer in hue than with the setting turned off.
Completely agree. There shouldn't be anything "cool" on the slider.

Valkyre

macrumors 6502a
Dec 8, 2012
hasnt anyone done a video comparison for 9.3 beta control center and overall UI smoothness yet?

Last edited:

sneeks

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2007
Glasgow, UK
The beta version is running ok with only a couple of minor annoyances. The lack of a option to select a bluetooth device while on a call is not ideal and I've found that if I press the power sleep/wake button while on a phone call the iPhone terminates the call. Previously the screen would simply switch off.

Reactions: Freakonomics101

gadgetjunkie1

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Trying to install on my iPad Air. This is my second time trying. Now both times after the install I'm stuck on the Apple logo boot screen. There was a brief blue screen flash for half a second and then the Apple logo again. To fix it I had to DFU to 9.2. Anyone else have this install problem? iPhone 6s went fine.
happened to mine also twice, ended up just downloading the ISPW and installed via Itunes

j0nblayz

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2007
I used the beta for couple days, worked very good but battery life was horrible, omnistat showed constant high cpu usage. Usually indexing after new install does hit the Cpu, but this was for couple days, phone was running hot. Had to roll back to 9.2, however this is where my issues started. Restored back to 9.2, did not restore my backup and built from clean. However after getting back to 9.2, couldn't activate my iMessage, FaceTime or wifi calling. Doubt its related but incase anyone has the same issue, FaceTime and iMessage took half a day and finally activated, wifi calling took some weird work around.
Goto settings->cellular->voice & data->select 3G then back to LTE->then go back and turn off cellular data and back on, after that wifi calling finally activated.

Xprmntr

macrumors regular
Nov 18, 2015
Minneapolis
iPhone 6s public 9.3 beta 1, daily driver, worked fine for a day, i wake up and my phone is stuck on the start up screen, hard reset won't do anything, i can turn it off like that too, keeps looping the start up screen every 3 minutes, what can i do?

plugged into my mbp running OS X el capitan latest non beta software, won't read it

this sucks, but i know if my fault for putting it on my daily driver

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.