Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacFan26

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 8, 2003
San Francisco, California
As much as I love all of Apple's iApps and the idea of the "digital hub," is anyone else getting a little tired of the "iApps?" For some reason the "i" almost signifies that it is a lesser product. I've seen people cringe when I tell them I made movie with iMovie, but you wouldn't hear them say that if you had said you made it with Final Cut Pro. I hope this doesn't sound too superficial, I'm not intending for it to be! I know that I wouldn't be as excited to hear about another "iApp" to come from Apple, am I the only one?

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
maybe its the way your saying iMovie, j/j

I can only assume that some of this crigning is due to the fact that most movies maybe nto yours, maybe by home pcs with consuemr osftware are basically like slide shows. Some ppl may not want to be watching a slide show. As for the others.....iTunes and iPhoto are stand alone in their fields and any experienced person know this. I am getting sick of the "i" thing a little but i'm not sure where they will go from there maybe jsut back to regualr names like keynote and safari. I mean I'm quite happy we didn't get iSlide and iBrowse or ISurf or iPresent.

medea

macrumors 68030
Aug 4, 2002
Madison, Wi
iMovie is a perfectly capable program, when the right people use it. Final Cut Pro isnt going to make every independent movie director amazing, you need talent for that and a talented individual would be able to take full advantage of iMovie. It's actually gotten plenty of praise in the movie industry so I don't know who your talking to.
There is nothing wrong with the iApps, they area all amazing programs.

janey

macrumors 603
Dec 20, 2002
sunny los angeles
Re: iApps

Originally posted by MacFan26
As much as I love all of Apple's iApps and the idea of the "digital hub," is anyone else getting a little tired of the "iApps?" For some reason the "i" almost signifies that it is a lesser product. I've seen people cringe when I tell them I made movie with iMovie, but you wouldn't hear them say that if you had said you made it with Final Cut Pro. I hope this doesn't sound too superficial, I'm not intending for it to be! I know that I wouldn't be as excited to hear about another "iApp" to come from Apple, am I the only one?
what kind of people? every time i talk about iApps (especially iSync, iChat and iCal) people just drool. :)

MacFan26

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 8, 2003
San Francisco, California
Sorry, the people I talked to about iMovie and such are my PC-using, Macs sucks, Your an idiot for using an Apple product friends, lol. I think that iMovie is a great app! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.