IBM and NAZI GERMANY...The Savage Truth

Discussion in 'Community' started by 8thDegreeSavage, Jul 4, 2002.

1. 8thDegreeSavage macrumors 6502

2. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Just what I wanted to see, several pop-up windows... You wanker... :p IF you actually have an article, post that link, otherwise... Go bugger off!!

3. 8thDegreeSavage thread starter macrumors 6502

Bwahahah....**** man sorry...i mistyped it...it works good now!....please check it out...im not joking around here....view the cold ugly truth about IBM!

4. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

:rolleyes: Some people have waaaaaay too much free time on their hands... :rolleyes:

5. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

6. firewire2001 macrumors 6502a

welll duhh... if apple had a lot of its offices in germany run by patriotic germans it would have probably been involved in the war too..

this is sort of retarded... every single patriotic german that had a big company was involved in the war.. think about BMW -- have you ever wondered why jews dont buy cars from em (im jewish, so dont mess :p )... cause they were COMPLETELY in germany and they were run by patriotic germans that used labor from innocent ppl..

7. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Why do you think I will only purchase American vehicles and NOT ones made in either Japan or Germany?? Being Jewish as well, I find it hard to send money over to Germany or to a German company. Similarly with Japanese car companies, I won't send them that much of my $$. I will purchase their Anime though, since those companies were not around during WW2, and they are [mostly] private companies. Either that, or the people that create the Anime, and come up with the stories/art are independant and artists. I give artists more leeway when it comes to things. ;) :D

8. groovebuster macrumors 65816

groovebuster

Sorry when I correct you about this... from a certain point on in the war a company couldn't choose anymore if it had to serve for the war or not. All the big companies by law HAD to produce goods for the war. The Nazi-Regime wasn't democratic, it was totalitarian. If you said something against it you could wait for the Gestapo to pick you up for your last trip... to a concentration camp. That's how Hitler was taking over a whole country with just 30% who voted for him... with tricks, propaganda and terror. He had never a majority behind him in Germany, but nobody dared to say anything...

BMW for instance was always building aircraft engines. Motor-cycles were just produced because after WWI Germany wasn't allowed to produce any kind of aircraft that could be used as a war plane. Civil aviation wasn't a subject at that time anyway, so they started to build motor-cycles and later on cars to survive economically...

Later in the war they had to produce also bomb-shells and stuff like that, but they didn't choose that, they didn't have a choice. And the nazis placed their own people at the important positions in the big companies over the years to avoid trouble when orders were given.

BTW... German patriotic != Nazi

My grand-father wasn't a Nazi but he was a patriot. My grand-ma told me that he wasn't agreeing with the ideology of the nazis, but he stayed a soldier anyway, because he didn't want Germany to fall into the hands of the other countries. He died in Stalingrad (Winter of 1942).

So the thing that jews don't drive BMWs is maybe popular for jews in the US, because they still live in the past and hate everything that's coming from Germany, but it is stupid. The companies from today don't have anything to do with companies from back then anymore anyway. Dude, it was 60 years ago...

Oh, and before I forget (just in case you tell me that I don't know what I am talking about)... my sister-in-law is jewish (yes, she got married to a German) and she is driving a BMW, her father does as well. Actually almost all the jews I ever met drove a Mercedes or a BMW... interesting, isn't it?

So before old prejudices pop up...

groovebuster

9. groovebuster macrumors 65816

groovebuster

Here we go again Alpha! :D It seems like fate that our paths are crossing again and again! ;)

Still living in the past??? What does a company from 2002 has to do with something that happened 60 years ago?

I will give you a little history lesson, since you told me that the engine of a new HD model was engineered by Porsche in Germany.

Hitler wanted to give mobility to the people, but the private companies like BMW and Merecedes for example were to expensive for the average consumer. So end of the 1930's he decided to build a cheap car for the masses in a factory run by the (nazi-)government. That was the birth of VOLKSWAGEN (translated: people's car or nation's car ... it is hard to translate it correctly).

That company/factory, located in Wolfsburg, had a team of engineers. The chief engineer was Dr. Ferdinand Porsche. They developed the Beetle, but it was never produced in bigger amounts because of the war and Volkswagen was building tanks and off-road vehicles for the military in the last few years of the war.

After the war the Germans needed mobility. The easiest way to provide it was to reactivate the old plans of the Beetle with Volkswagen, even it was an old plan by Hitler, why trashing it, when it is good? The rest (especially the success of the Beetle all over the world) is history.

But Dr. Ferdinand Porsche didn't feel like working again for Volkswagen, he was in the cross-fire to have been a big fan of Hitler and so the management of Volkswagen thought it would have been a bad idea to have him on the band waggon again.

So what did that guy do? He just founded another car company in the 50's... Porsche!!! Manufacturer of fine sport cars 'til today. It is not coincedence, that the 356 and the 911 are basically a Beetle in a sport dress. The construction principles (air-cooled engine in the rear and suff) was the same.

In the beginning Porsche was only doing development for Volkswagen, but when the money came rolling in, he started to build sport cars.

So Alpha... if there were car companies that were connected with the Nazis, then it is Volkswagen and Porsche. Since the engine of that one Harley is developed by Porsche you directly support an ex-Nazi-Company by buying a Harley!!!

Ooooooooops!!! ;)

I wonder which excuse you find this time. :D

That's how we know you... you always deliver the exceptions with the rule, because it is more comfortable that way. I bet if you would drive a german car one day you would find a similar excuse, although all germans are bad, especially german companies!

groovebuster

P.S.: Emagic is a german company as well, just purchased by Apple. As an upright jew you should stop using Apple computers now, they support the german economy by that. Oh, and never sit in a Boeing aircraft again... Mr. Böing was german immigrant and just felt like building airplanes after he emmigrated to North America... Since every german is a potential Nazi he maybe would have been one, if he would have stayed in Germany. Or did I mention the US american space program? No man on the moon without Werner von Braun, the constructor of the V2, he had a lot of jews at his working camps he ordered regularly from the concentration camps... I guess I start to become cynical... :(

10. groovebuster macrumors 65816

groovebuster

I don't get why it is such a big deal??? American companies were always after the profit first and how should a company have known what was going on in Germany, when even most of the Germans didn't know???

At the time when IBM was making "business" with Germany the US were not in war with Germany and he was just considered "dangerous" since he declared war to several countries, but nobody really knew what was going on, especially not the people in North America. I am pretty sure that the Germans didn't tell IBM what they exactly did with the machines they purchased. Or does a killer tell the gun-dealer, that he's buying the bullets to kill his mom? I don't think so.

Afterwards people are always smarter than before, but I don't get the witch-hunt now. Since when morals do matter for big companies? Exactly, almost never! And if, it is only because they got slapped on their fingers by the public!

groovebuster

11. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

groovebuster, there is a reason you are on my ignore list... You know I will never own a german or japanese vehicle, ever.

BTW, with you being on the ignore list, I don't have to suffer through your novel length, moronic rants... :p

suck it biatch!! :p :D

12. groovebuster macrumors 65816

groovebuster

Exactly the niveau I expected from you! :D

I don't wonder that you have to suffer, when you always have to realize again what an unlogic bull-sh*t you are barf*ing into the forum, when it is not about computers.

Missing arguments are substituted by posing! You are a real man dude! You are a hero! I don't put you on my ignore list! Otheriwse I would miss the good entertainment you provide! And to almost pee in my pants because I am laughing so hard after reading one of your posts is really worth it! :cool:

It is funny that guys like you still think they are the cool winners, after they lost not only the game, but also all credibility.

Would have been refreshing to hear at least ONE argument from you that is valid and not just warm air through all the discussion we had before...

It's OK! Run away from the discussion and declare yourself the winner... Life can be so easy, huh? :D

groovebuster

13. groovebuster macrumors 65816

groovebuster

BTW... how did you know that I wrote in this thread when I am on your ignore list??? And also how long my replies were when you don't read them???

Could it be that you read them anyway and that you just wanted to hide that you don't have any arguments against it?

Why answering to my posts when I am on your ignore list anyway? :D

groovebuster:p

14. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

15. DannyZR2 macrumors 6502

wow

groovebuster, this is the funniest thread i've read here on macrumors in a while! It reminded me of the readings of Kela vs. John123 back in the day.. are you related to Spikey?

:D

Anyway, I did appreciate your history lesson, although I didn't know that HD has motors made by Porsche, if I read that correctly. I own a 944 turbo since about 4-5 months ago, and I've begun to get a huge interest in Dr. Ferdinand's car company. Now that I've owned ONE, I don't think I'll ever go back to any other car... I'm a Porsche owner for life! - Kinda like switching to a mac! - yeah.. that's how I'll turn this thread into a relative thread.. driving a Porsche is like working on a Mac.. there is no comparison really in driving such an amazing car. One day, I'll get me a wide-body turbo-look, maybe a slant-nose, but I think I'll always be looking for a perfect 968...

but anyway, I don't think this thread will ever get back on track.. so I'm gonna stop trying. :)

16. groovebuster macrumors 65816

groovebuster

Re: wow

Thanks... but I am not related to Spikey at all.

I didn't know myself that HD was a customer of Porsche lately to have a motor engineered until Alpha told me himself in weak moment on another thread. Since he's flaming innocent people for nothing it is not too bad I guess, when someone else who knows a little bit more about some stuff is paying him back once in a while! ;)

Congrats that you have the "little extra-cash" to afford a Porsche! :) These cars are really cool. I had the opportunity to drive some once in a while, but since I have a family to feed the money goes into other stuff (like diappers ;)). Not to mention, that a Porsche is not really a family car and my better half wouldn't be too pleased to buy an expensive toy like that at the moment.

But next time you are in Germany make sure to contact me... I will show you the best Autobahn parts to go crazy with your right foot on the gas-pedal! :D

You'll love the tickeling feeling to go 250kph in average, when it is all legal and there is no worry to lose your license. :cool:

Take care!

groovebuster

17. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

hey groovebuster, I just wanted to lend you my support; your argument was perfectly rational and quite logical, unlike your hot-headed american opponent. :) His final rant pretty much conceded that you were right with his stubborness.

18. groovebuster macrumors 65816

groovebuster

Thanks! :)

From where in Ontario are you? My wife is from Ottawa and my uncle lives in Toronto.

Canada is a nice place... :)

groovebuster

19. PCUser macrumors regular

AlphaTech, do you avoid Sony products simply because the Sony Corporation is headquartered in Tokyo, Japan and was founded by Japanese who developed military equipment during WWII? What about the PS2? You don't like that game console just because it's made by a Japanese company? Or do you buy from the Sony Corporation of America headquarted in New York that is a subsidiary of the Sony Corporation, because that one is in the USA? Or is this just about cars? :rolleyes:

I'd have to say I didn't think my opinion of a fellow citizen of the USA could go so low... oh, well.

20. job macrumors 68040

job

Well, Alpha does have the freedom to choose where he spends his money. :rolleyes: :D

21. Taft macrumors 65816

Taft

Alpha, you realize that groovebuster has got you licked, right?? I think its time to concede defeat on this one.

Interesting post on the history of automobiles in Germany, groove. My grandfather's family was German--and Jewish--and was lucky enough to have left Germany before any of the horrible Nazi acts began. But that certainly does not mean that I have anything against the German people as a whole. Thats just nuts.

There have actually been a few books out as of late that have tried to show links between IBM and Nazi Germany. And others accusing Henry Ford of being an anti-semite. I'm not sure of the veracity of their arguments, but I was somewhat convinced by some of the material that I saw.

At any rate, I would venture that very few people holds the beliefs of the management of their respective companies today. To purposely avoid Ford or IBM because of the company's actions years ago (with completely different management and employees), would be a bit over the top.

Taft

22. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Thank you...

Besides, living in a FREE country, I can have any opinion I want. I don't try to force my buying habits on anyone else. I fail to see why my opinions offend the groovebuster, could be an indication that he has deeper psychological issues.

Do any of you bleeding heart liberals purchase items made in China??? With what they did in Tienemin Square (not sure on spelling :p) I would be surprised if you did. :rolleyes:

23. groovebuster macrumors 65816

groovebuster

This might answer your question:

http://www.macrumors.com/forums/showthread.php3?s=&threadid=4019&perpage=25&pagenumber=2

Regards,

groovebuster

24. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

I only let women lick me... :eek: :eek: :D :cool:

25. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

the first time i heard about conflicted interests was in high school (history class) when american companies were selling aluminum to the japanese towards the end of WWII when it was apparent the us had won

by late '43, it was just a matter of time...some say after the battle of midway, it was a lost cause for the axis powers

hindsight shows that admiral yamamoto, japanese chief of naval operations in WWII, who went to yale, knew that japan going to war with america was a lost cause in the first place