iBook 12'' updates soon?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by papersushi, Jan 5, 2005.

1. papersushi macrumors regular

Thinking about buying a new 12'' iBook? Is it going to be a speed bump for iBook or price drop soon like in MacWorld? Thanks.

2. oingoboingo macrumors 6502a

oingoboingo

The iBooks have only recently been updated (only 78 days ago according to the Macrumors Buyer's Guide), so based on the typical rate at which Apple updates products, it seems unlikely the iBook will be refreshed at MWSF. However, there have been price cuts in the past day or two on the iBooks in several countries (don't know if that includes the U.S.).

In any case, you only have a few more days to wait and find out. I don't think purchasing anything at all this close to MWSF is a good idea.

3. mactropy macrumors member

mactropy

Mhhm let's see: PowerBook 12" almost identical to iBook now. . . . why would Apple bump the iBook when the Powerbook line is dying a slow and horrible death right now? Also, the iBook has just received a bump and the Powerbook didn't.
    Well, I'm just a bitter person. After all I could only enjoy the "supremeness" of my Powerbook for a couple of weeks before the illegitimate child "iBook" reclaimed its territory. Bummer. I know, I have to get over it.

4. Jsmit macrumors regular

Since they were last updated in October, I would say no. Apple may surprise us, but I would be willing to bet against an iBook update.

Edit: there was not a price drop in the US. The prices drops in other countries were actually due to the falling value of the USD and have nothing to do with potential updates.