iBook: 12" vs 14"; which one?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by atzbacher, Aug 16, 2005.

1. atzbacher macrumors newbie

I'm having trouble deciding which iBook to buy. On one hand, I'd go for the 12", for its convinience. On the other hand, the 14" looks, I don't know, more healthy for my eyes? :)

I don't know; I mean - Can anyone compare the two out of their experience? Much thanks,

-- A

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Read this thread for some pretty comprehensive opinions of the two iBooks. :)

3. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

excellent link mad jew, we've definitely hashed this out a few times already...

(that being said, get the 14... the 12 is too small)

4. GilGrissom macrumors 65816

GilGrissom

If you're a student then I recommend the 12". Its smaller and cheaper.

5. atzbacher thread starter macrumors newbie

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

No problems. Are you swaying one way more than another now? I'd personally (and have actually done so :p ) get the 12 inch iBook. To me, it represents the better buy unless you have bad eyesight or the need for an internal Superdrive. :)

7. doug.hall macrumors regular

I'd agree. I had the same question and went for a 12" powerbook. It's great and I don't have an issue with the smaller screen. The advantages of being able to take it anywhere without taking up too much space makes it by far the better option for me.

8. atzbacher thread starter macrumors newbie

12" it is :)

Actualy, I do. I'd go for the 12". Two arguments got to me: The resolution, and the portabilty. Being my future iBook used mostly for word processing and web surfing (street wi-fi surf :) I think the 12" would perfectly do. Thanks again, to all of you.

9. GilGrissom macrumors 65816

GilGrissom

Ye, the Superdrive may be a dealbreaker for the 12", but I have friends who were in the same situation, they went the 12" route. It was easier for the female ones as they thought it was the cutist (which it is!). I would think the 12" would be the better bet still though.
    For the superdrive and portability its the 12" PB obviously. That's what I went for.
    Great news. Come back and let us know how you find it and any more questions you may have.

10. Tahko macrumors regular

Not in my demanding opinion. Only your penis is too small.

(that being said don't take it too seriously)