ibook 14" or imac 17"

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by thead, Feb 20, 2005.

1. thead macrumors newbie

Cannot decide which is best for me they are the same price in the UK,I like the idea of being able to move the computer around, But the iMac is much faster and will be better for graphics/photos etc, Any advice would be much appreciated thank you :cool:

2. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Hi, I have an iBook (check sig.) and I'm very happy with it. But I also love the iMac. I now don't need the ease of travel so the iMac would have been the better bet and for some things speed/power would be nice. However I think for your needs just list how many times you really need to bring it with you. If its less then a handful get the iMac, travel a lot iBook. Both will suit you fine just get 1gig of ram into either and you should be fine :D
    Both are quiet and that in itself is great. The screen size of the iMac would be a great asset (like on flash).
    FWIW by fall I hope to get an iMac its just between the 17"/20" but more leaning at the 20" :D

3. joshua_msu macrumors regular

joshua_msu

It as simple as deciding if you want a desktop or a laptop really. Nothing too complicated here.