iBook 14' Palm Rest

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by adamstahl, Nov 27, 2004.

1. adamstahl macrumors newbie

Nov 27, 2004
    I bought a G4 iBook 14' about 6 months ago. The palm rests now have a brownish tint, clearly from oil on the hands. I've cleaned it with a special cleaner and it helped but it keeps returning. I wash my hands religiously so I'm not sure what's going on. Does anyone know where I can order a colored case for my iBook (without having to send my computer somewhere to be painted)? I just want to order a case. Any suggestions?
  2. digitdean macrumors member

Feb 24, 2004
    Whoa... 14 foot iBook... sweet.

Oh, and I don't know where (if anywhere) you can get a colored case. Especially for a 14 foot iBook!

(P.S. I know the apostrophe after the 14 was a typo. These things get confusing. I just couldn't help myself)
  3. cubist macrumors 68020

Jul 4, 2002
    Muncie, Indiana
    Other folks have suggested cutting pieces of contac paper (stick on plastic) and putting them on the outside to prevent scratches. Don't see why the same thing couldn't work on the inside.
  4. maya macrumors 68040

Oct 7, 2004
    somewhere between here and there.
    Well I was thinking of buying a new 12 inch iBook, however now I hear it gets an off-white colour from my palms. Forget it I will wait till Apple uses some logic in they machines again.

A grey colour iBook would look neat like the iPog 4G. Me thinks that will be the new iBook colour plastic grey with acetate cover. :)
  5. mcarnes macrumors 68000

Mar 14, 2004
    USA! USA!
    Damn, I've only got a 12 foot iBook. I feel terribly inadequate. But at least I'm not some tiny pool-shriveled up 14 incher!