iBook 500 battery life?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by bigpumbaa, Jan 24, 2005.

1. bigpumbaa macrumors member

I just bought a replacement Apple brand battery for a used iBook I just bought. Anybody have any idea how much battery life i should expect outta my "new" baby?

2. TrenchMouth macrumors 6502

the runtime for ibooks has not improved that much over the lifetime of the design. from your title i will infer that you are talking about the 500Mhz model. I have the same one. when i got mine it would get as much as 4+ hours though it was advertized as getting up to 5

it depends on what you are doing. if you have a dvd player in it and you plan on watching movies then you are probably looking at around enough juice to finish a movie so long as it isnt lord of the rings. just typing? then you will get as close to the max as possible.

also, the battery did a good job of lasting some 2+ years before it got to the point that it ran out too fast to be useful, and i used it all the time. so all in all, a great laptop and a pretty damn good battery.

3. varmit macrumors 68000

varmit

I have a 600, and I get about 3 1/2-6 hours. You have more than enough battery to be able to get though the longest movie. And I do mean 3 1/2 hours with intensive graphics and sound that are apart of playing a movie/DVD and about 5 to 6 with normal websurfing with airport card.

4. bostonwhaler1 macrumors member

I enjoyed an average of about 3-4 hours per charge on my iBook 500. And that was over a period of 3 years.

5. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

I'm typing this post on my iBook G3 500. I'm on my original battery (3.5 years old) and I still get 4.5 hours even with full brightness and airport on! I love this little 'book!