iBook airport problems

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by smooshy, Sep 29, 2005.

1. macrumors newbie

Sep 26, 2005
    I have a 2-week old 12' ibook. It's been working on the wireless networks at home and at school without a problem, but today it won't connect at school. I haven't changed any settings, and other people around me are connecting without a problem.. I can only get the little picture of the computer in the airport part, which is computer to computer I think.. which won't help me get on the internet, right? The weird thing is that this computer to computer network is called the same thing as my regular school network. I tried reconfiguring everything, didn't help.

Any suggestions?
  2. macrumors 6502a

Aug 29, 2005
    Check and see if the antannae lead to the airport card is firmly plugged in.
  3. macrumors regular

Mar 28, 2005
    Something similar happened to me today.. my iBook was happily connect to my home wirless, then *wham* it couldn't find the network. I just had to turn off/on my airport and everything was happy :D
  4. macrumors 604

May 4, 2002
    Go Vegan
    Same thing happens to me on my 500mhz G3 12" iBook, but I believe the antenna wire can be pushed in more, I'll have to check after I re-install Tiger on it. ;)