iBook all of a sudden laggy

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by slipper, Jan 7, 2004.

1. slipper macrumors 68000

slipper

hey guys and gals, i posted last night about how 'Dockextender' messed up my computer in this thread... http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54096

i managed to fix it by calling codetex and having them guide be through the steps to fixing it. everything seems to be ok now except its noticably more laggy. i know for a fqact thats its not my eyes misconceiving me cause i tried runnign altivec fractal carbon and xbench and the numbers are significantly slower. i used to score 95-96 points on xbench and 3.2 gigaflops on altivec but now i get at most 74 points on xbench and 2.8-2.9 gigaflops on altivec. anyone knows whats going on?

2. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

Try re-installing os x (note: you do not have to delete any file) and then see how it works. I did this once to my computer and it felt faster.

3. slipper thread starter macrumors 68000

slipper

latergator you are the man. ill try that soon.

4. latergator116 macrumors 68000

latergator116

No problem.;) Let us know how it goes once you're finished.

and one more thing, DO NOT do a clean install because this will erase all your data.

5. hob macrumors 68020

hob

should probably start a new thread for this, but is it possible to delete the 'previous system' folders? they seem quite large, and unnecesary, and i have two!!

Hob