Ibook and apple cinema display

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by starduck1476, Nov 15, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

Does anybody have a 12 inch ibook connected to an apple cinema display? if so how did you do it and which one do you have. im in the market for a display and im open for ideas.

2. macrumors 6502

what ibook is it, and what kind of display port does it have on it

3. thread starter macrumors newbie

its a mid 2005, 12 inch ibook with 1.33 Ghz g4 processor with a mini vga port

4. macrumors 6502

i don't know where you would be able to find a min-vga to dvi adapter (or adc if it's an older cinema display) apple.com doesn't seem to carry them anymore.

5. macrumors newbie

6. macrumors 68040

California

Yeah, you can't do it. Easily; I don't even know where to get those old and expensive VGA to DVI adapters anymore.

Get a Dell display with VGA. Or get a Powerbook with minimum 64mb of VRAM DVI so you can drive an apple cinema display.

7. macrumors 6502

that would be the best way to do it. you will be able to get a much better monitor for the same price as the cinema display. but you probably already own the cinema display

8. thread starter macrumors newbie

Dude im getting a dell......

but seriously i figured the ACD wouldnt work, i was just wondering if anyone had done it before, the dells are more in my price range and they have a good selection of size. so thanks for for the feedback