Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

starduck1476

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2008
Does anybody have a 12 inch ibook connected to an apple cinema display? if so how did you do it and which one do you have. im in the market for a display and im open for ideas.

zachsilvey

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2008
Battle Ground
i don't know where you would be able to find a min-vga to dvi adapter (or adc if it's an older cinema display) apple.com doesn't seem to carry them anymore.

California

macrumors 68040
Aug 21, 2004
Yeah, you can't do it. Easily; I don't even know where to get those old and expensive VGA to DVI adapters anymore.

Get a Dell display with VGA. Or get a Powerbook with minimum 64mb of VRAM DVI so you can drive an apple cinema display.

zachsilvey

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2008
Battle Ground
that would be the best way to do it. you will be able to get a much better monitor for the same price as the cinema display. but you probably already own the cinema display

starduck1476

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2008
Dude im getting a dell......

but seriously i figured the ACD wouldnt work, i was just wondering if anyone had done it before, the dells are more in my price range and they have a good selection of size. so thanks for for the feedback

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.