iBook and iLife '06

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by baummer, Jan 12, 2006.

1. baummer
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

On Tuesday, 10th of January (coincidence as it was the same date as MWSF), I purchased a 12" iBook G4 from my university's computer store. Excellent deal as I got it for a cool $699 (before taxes). Anyways, it came with Tiger and iLife '05, as well as product coupons. Can I use the product coupons for iLife '05 to get the '06 upgrade or is that not what they're for? THANKS!

2. robbieduncan
    Expand Collapse
    Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

You can use the iLife uptodate program.

How many times have I posted that link in the last 2 days?

3. thegreatunknown
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors regular

unfortunately those are only proof of purchase coupons and unfortunately you will have to buy the new iLife... however there is good news... its $9.95 off of the Apple website for computers bought on or after the 10th. (as noted above, sorry)

4. baummer
    Expand Collapse
    thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks so much! I did a search before posting but all the threads I found were unclear as to the purchase of the coupons or proofs or whatever they may be called.

5. robbieduncan
    Expand Collapse
    Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

To be fair I think this is the first time I posted the link to show the terms to someone who qualifies! All the other times were to break the bad news to someone unlucky.

6. iEdd
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68000

iEdd

This reminds me of half-way through last year when mum's 15" powerbook came with panther and migration with target disk didn't work cos the old powerbook had tiger.

7. yogamonkey
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502

yogamonkey

This $9.95 update only seems to apply to US & Canada. For some reason the UK apple store has no mention of it. I bought my iBook yesterday :) but am wondering whether I need to buy the whole new iLife or if the cheap upgrade will eventually come to the UK. Does anyone know if it will?