iBook and iMic

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by iTwitch, Apr 9, 2006.

1. iTwitch macrumors 6502a

Mar 30, 2006
    East of the Mississippi
    I've been ripping my old vinyl albums using an iMic v2 and Final Vinyl v2. Every now and again I'll get a .37 sec gap in my recordings, most of the time the recordings are great. Sometimes though, there are 1, 2, 3 or even 4 gaps per ablum side seeming total random in occurrence.

Is this a latency problem? I've tried disabling dashboard, AP and BT with no luck. Griffin tech finally suggest using Audacity and it's worked great for the last 6 albums. But FV v2 looks better and I'd rather use if I can get it working better.

Any ideas?
  2. faintember macrumors 65816

Jun 6, 2005
    the ruins of the Cherokee nation
    It sounds like a latency/sampling problem. Such happens with USB audio devices.

If Audacity works, then use Audacity and forget about the other program for this task. Is the only reason to use FV2 is that it "looks better"? I dont know about you, but i dont care what software looks like when it is free and does the job.;)
  3. dino macrumors newbie

Apr 12, 2006
    i had the exactlty the same problem. FV also froze after i recoeded the first a side of an LP in, never finished building waveform. i was worried that imic was a dud and had just wasted $80. :mad:

anyway i used garage band to record rather than FV. have had no problems with drop outs so far. go to imic help and look for using imic with garage band.