Ibook and sound?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by AP_piano295, Oct 22, 2005.

1. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

This thread is a question and a general complaint.

Lets start with the complaint I baught a brand new ibook g4 about three weeks ago and I love. I have one issue with it THE SPEAKERS REALLLLLLLLY SUCK. Just terrible they are the worst speakers I have ever seen on a laptop and I think that apple should do somthing about it. I dont want to carry arround portable speakers but using the inbuilts in anything but a dead silence is about as effective as using my earbuds as speakers.

Now the question, for some reason all the sound on my ibook switches to left I think it happens when I plug in my earbuds. I have to go into system preferences and change the sound back to center every time. Not a big deal just a little bit of a pain and kinda weird.

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

I will second you on the speakers, they lick ballz.
    When I have my computer on the road I'm not using it as a music source so that isn't such a big deal. But I have the iBook sitting on my desk at most times. I have an iPod for music on the go. But as for the panning switching to the left I am not sure what is going on there. I've never heard of that happening. The sound in your headphones isn't coming from just the left side is it? Sounds like something is switching to Mono. Hmmm, odd.

3. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Yup they suck ball, quality isnt bad but they are so QUIET!

4. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

Yup iBooks speakers are very poor, as are 12" powerbooks......Doesnt bother me though as i use my iBook with external speakers....

Shadow

5. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

Shadow, could you please tell me the speakers (and specs) that you chose to go with your iBook? Thanks.

6. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

i guess the ibook speakers does suck ballz since everyone is saying it. i use mines with external speakers that rocks the apartments popcorn of the ceiling

Blessed