Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lilsuprano

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2005
Hey guys, just got an iBook G4...i'm trying to get on the internet. I plugged in my ethernet wire, but now what do i do?

Eric

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
lilsuprano said:
Hey guys, just got an iBook G4...i'm trying to get on the internet. I plugged in my ethernet wire, but now what do i do?

Eric

Open "Safari" (should be in the dock) and type in your internet address in the address bar. Then press return.

Let us know if that works, if not you may need configuring.

lilsuprano

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2005
ITASOR said:
Open "Safari" (should be in the dock) and type in your internet address in the address bar. Then press return.

Let us know if that works, if not you may need configuring.

Noope, doesn't work...I tried configuring it, and i had to put in my ISP password and stuff, and it still didnt connect...what am I doing wrong :(

Eric

Verto

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2005
Denton, TX
lilsuprano said:

Eric

What is it plugged into? Router? DSL/Cable Modem?

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Open System Preferences -> Network -> Click on the Ethernet line in the box -> Click on "Assist Me" at the bottom -> Diagnostics

When the program runs, come back and tell which bubbles are green and which red.

lilsuprano

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2005
mkrishnan said:
Open System Preferences -> Network -> Click on the Ethernet line in the box -> Click on "Assist Me" at the bottom -> Diagnostics

When the program runs, come back and tell which bubbles are green and which red.

Thanks soooo much!!! IT WORKS!!

:D

I'm using it now! Wow that was super-fast...thanks again!

Eric

yuwing

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2005
lol my ibook found my wireless router when i was putting my name/personal info down in osx when it first started =_= after that, everything just works! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.