iBook, any updates coming up?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by iRobert, Mar 17, 2004.

1. iRobert macrumors newbie

iRobert

Hey all!

After lurking on this forum for a while, i decided to start a thread :cool:

Since i am about to buy a new ibook for use at my univeristy i would like to know:

Buyers Guide says to wait if possible. I have yet to see any sign of an upcoming iBook update. What's your opinion on that?

iBook to purchase: iBook G4 14" 933Mhz, 60GB

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I don't see any signs of an iBook update occurring anytime soon either. My best guess is that the iBooks will be updated around WWDC 2004.

3. Josh macrumors 68000

Josh

Im in the same boat.

I want to get an iBook before next school year starts, but in the meantime I a am trying to learn more about them and if it will be worth it. (I just want it for ms office, itunes, iphoto, light photoshop)

I'd like to see the 1ghz ones cheaper.....

4. kenaer macrumors newbie

ibooks

I would be surprise to see an update anytime soon. There are too many things that demand updates (i.e. the PMs and PBs...)

I just bought a 933 (stock) and I have no regrets. Although I did buy it thinking of a future upgrade to a PB or maybe keeping the iBook and getting a PM later this year.

One piece of advice I have, if you do or want to do WiFi, is that the Airport Base Station is a bit of a drag (signal problems) at least for me considering the price comparison with other wifi base stations.

5. numediaman macrumors 6502a

You're safe to go. I think that any update that might occur within the nextg couple months would be minor.

Definitely make sure you have an Airport Extreme card, though. An iBook without a card is like . . . whatever. Just get one and have fun. Even if you have dial up service, the card is worth it for the times you're in Starbucks and everyone around you is envious because they have an ugly Dell.

6. Savage Henry macrumors 65816

Savage Henry

in a one horse, two house, three pub town.
    The nudieman has got it in one.

iBook + AirportX

if you want it, take it now. The next major product lines to change are the pro models and after that the iMac.