iBook & Applecare Question

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by hirstopher, Mar 21, 2006.

1. macrumors newbie

So my sister's iBook has been through some ****, and needless to say its a little worse for ware. The screen is wrecked - usable, but wrecked. Somebody has quoted her $950 to fix the thing, but in the past when my iPod has been through an "incident" I usually just buy applecare and then send it off. Will this work with the iBook? If she purchases applecare, will Apple take the computer back no questions asked?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

2. macrumors 68020

Doubtful. If there's significant physical damage, Apple won't fix it for free.

For that cost, it's more feasible to purchase a new iBook.

3. macrumors regular

How Old Is Your Sister To Do That To A Computer?

4. thread starter macrumors newbie

It's a computer, not a child. She's 22, graduating from a prestigious University, and starting at a high-paying job in July.

What's your excuse?

5. macrumors 68040

tdhurst

Uhh...

I believe the poster was implying that someone past the age of 10 should be able to take care of a sensitive piece of computer equipment. My 22 year old sister has a 15" powerbook in near spotless condition.

In response to your first question, you can try it but Applecare does not cover accidental damage. Applecare is a warranty to cover manufacturing defects, not an insurance policy to cover loss, theft and damage.

6. macrumors 65816

jadekitty24

Wow, that capitalization is quite obnoxious.

OT, read up on Applecare on the Apple website. It will explain, in detail, what exactly is covered. I don't believe your sister will be in luck, unless it's a recently purchased computer and you can prove that Apple sent you a bad one.

7. macrumors 68000

cycocelica

How old are you to still think you need to capitalize every beginning letter?

8. macrumors G5

yg17

CHANCES ARE HE DIDN'T CAPITALIZE EVERY LETTER, BUT HE TYPED WITH CAPS LOCK ON TO SHOUT AT US AND THE FORUM AUTOMATICALLY CONVERTS THE CAPS TO LOWERCASE.

edit: nevermind :D

Some forums do that, some don't. My demonstration didn't work. So yeah, he capitalized every letter.