iBook Battery Flipping out!!

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by Tarrant64, Aug 28, 2006.

1. Tarrant64 macrumors member

iBook G4 about 9 months old. I checked the battery recall and my first few numbers match, but not the second set, so I'm guessing I'm ok.

The battery has been more than awesome but past couple days it has been a little weak. Today however is bad. Battery is now at 89% and says 0:27 until Full(it's charging right now).

Earlier I was running just on battery and within 10 minutes it went from 99% to 86%(which is when i plugged it in). Usually it says around 5:00+ hours but it was at 3:30 hours@99%.

Still with me?

What I am wondering is if there is a simple solution to this and maybe the battery isn't connected in all the way or something. Or if it is failing(randomly out of nowhere) what to do and how much to replace. Or to call apple and check about the recall. I want to say it's coincidence that this is going on now after I just heard about the battery recall.

ASAP would be nice. Thanks!!!

Oh, and FYI maybe this helps. Last night I did leave it on the whole time with it plugged in. I was downloading a large ISO and didn't stay up for it to finish. That is the first/only time I've done that.

EDIT: Ok I'm stupid. I wasn't thinking straight and the 0:27 thing is exactly what it says. 27min until the battery is full, not until the PC dies. Otherwise I need help with the other problems. I will be calibrating it today as well.

2. MIDI_EVIL macrumors 65816

MIDI_EVIL

Check again, not all the numbers have to match.

Rich.