iBook Battery Issue

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Jeegan, Apr 10, 2005.

1. Jeegan macrumors newbie

Jan 17, 2005
    I seem to be having trouble with my battery in my iBook. I installed
    iBatt to keep at eye on the interworkings of the battery and in the beginning, the battery had a capacity of 3.2 AH, the battery is 4 years old BTW. Then after charging it read 3.0 AH. Then again after charging it read 2.8 AH. Now it reads 2.66 AH. This is all within a few days. I had a friend take the battery and run some tests on it and it tests at 3.2 AH at full capacity. Could their be a problem with my PMU? This is an iBook Dual USB 500 64MB version.
  2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mar 10, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    I'm sorry, but if the battery is 4 years old, I think you can prepare to have it replaced (or at least get used to having the power cord connected...)

I remember when the battery went on my Pismo... that happened more or less over night... one day I had several hours, then one day I had like 20 minutes... and after some months you could count the battery life in seconds... :(
  3. Jeegan thread starter macrumors newbie

Jan 17, 2005
    Ok, but there is nothing wrong with the battery. It is 3.2AH and probably will be for some time. Considering it was originally a 4.0AH and is 4 years old, that to me is good. I just am trying to figure out what is wrong with my iBook, as that seems to be where the problem is.