iBook Battery Issue

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Jeegan, Apr 10, 2005.

1. Jeegan macrumors newbie

I seem to be having trouble with my battery in my iBook. I installed
    iBatt to keep at eye on the interworkings of the battery and in the beginning, the battery had a capacity of 3.2 AH, the battery is 4 years old BTW. Then after charging it read 3.0 AH. Then again after charging it read 2.8 AH. Now it reads 2.66 AH. This is all within a few days. I had a friend take the battery and run some tests on it and it tests at 3.2 AH at full capacity. Could their be a problem with my PMU? This is an iBook Dual USB 500 64MB version.

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

I'm sorry, but if the battery is 4 years old, I think you can prepare to have it replaced (or at least get used to having the power cord connected...)

I remember when the battery went on my Pismo... that happened more or less over night... one day I had several hours, then one day I had like 20 minutes... and after some months you could count the battery life in seconds... :(

3. Jeegan thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, but there is nothing wrong with the battery. It is 3.2AH and probably will be for some time. Considering it was originally a 4.0AH and is 4 years old, that to me is good. I just am trying to figure out what is wrong with my iBook, as that seems to be where the problem is.