ibook battery meter not working, Always 99% and calculating remaining

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by afrodite, Dec 1, 2003.

1. afrodite macrumors newbie

Dec 1, 2003
    I have 4month old ibook g3 700MHz. It has worked great since yesterday. My battery ran out and I plugged it to poweradapter. After 2hours batterymeter told me that 3% was charged and calculating remaining. I turned computer off and when the light became to green I restarted it. Now battery is always 99%. No matter if I use 3hours its still 99% and it is calculating remaining battery time. When battery runs out computer just go sleep mode. It doesnt ask anything.
    I have tryied to calibrate battery, I have reseted Power Management Unit and so on but nothing has helped. Still 99%. If I turn computer, take battery off and push the button it is always 4 green light. No matter how long I have been using computer with battery power.

OSX is version 10.3.1 (Panther), So only problems it that I dont know how much power I have left. With battery I can still use computer 3.5-4hours butt no idea when it goes sleep mode. Is the battery broken or something?
  2. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

May 15, 2003
    San Francisco
    Yeah, it sounds like your battery has something wrong with it. I'd call Apple and see what they have to say.
  3. huntsman macrumors member

Oct 26, 2003