iBook battery

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by jipper, May 6, 2002.

1. jipper macrumors newbie

Hey party people,
    So i've found a battery on ebay for my ibook. Yay! I hear you all say, but alas there could be complications to this seemingly successful venture.
    I thought I would tell you the problem with my iBook and it would be great if someone could tell me if it was a battery fault or maybe some other external factor. I don't want to have to pay for a battery and shipping to Australia if I don't have to. :)
    Okay so here goes,
    My iBook works fine when plugged into AC power, but when i unplug it, it turns off randomly at undesignated times. For instance I will be doing my work and it will just lose power. I have to physically remove the battery and place it back in again before it will work again. It also will work fine when plugged into the adaptor.
    Help me !!! This is really irritating.
    Thanks mates,
    Tim.

2. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

hhhmmmmm

something like this happened to me once, I reset the PRAM and it was fine (go to www.apple.com/support to know how

(i have a key lime iBook) What about you!?;)

3. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

for pram just hold

command-option-p-r

upon startup... the thing will chime a few times, and then let go... 3-5 chimes should work.

just in case you didn't want to go to the apple support site and look for yourself. ha