iBook bought on eBay, logic board replacement?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by jphoenix, Feb 9, 2004.

1. jphoenix macrumors member

Jan 13, 2003
    Austin, TX
    I just bought a 800mhz iBook G3 used on eBay. Its serial number is in the range for the logic board replacement. The iBook is out of its one year warranty and I know the logic board recall will cover iBooks out of applecare. However, I do not have any warranty documentation of any kind. Will they allow me to replace the logic board without having any applecare information?
  2. jxyama macrumors 68040

Apr 3, 2003
    what can i say, i think the official apple rep would be the best person to ask.

however, in case you don't get a satisfactory answer on the first try, i'd call a few times. it's possible that all the reps haven't been updated with the same policy information or that they are on the same page in how to interpret the new policy.
  3. zyuzin4 macrumors 6502

Jul 22, 2002
    Eugene, OR
    yeah they will. I bought my ibook off of ebay a year ago and just brought it in for a logic board replacement out of warranty. They just had me fill out my name, address, and phone #. They filled in the serial # and sent it to Apple Care. This was done at an Apple Retail Store BTW