iBook Casing Discoloration?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by zflauaus, Dec 28, 2006.

1. macrumors 65816

With the recent fiasco of MacBook discoloration, I thought I'd bring this up.

I've basically put this to the side but it has been here for a while. On the outside of the casing, mainly on the round parts, there are some black discoloring marks and some white marks that are whiter than the actual iBook case. Is there anything I can use clean this off? Mr. Clean Eraser?

Attached Files:

2. macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Your pictures are clear and in focus (a rare thing), but I don't see what you're talking about.

I do believe you though, and would suggest that the discoloration can probably be cleaned up. As for the extra white problems I imagine that can't be cleaned.

3. thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah. The flash is very overwhelming on my camera. The flash off wouldn't help either.

So would the Magic Eraser work? If so, looks like a trip to the local store.

4. macrumors 68000

Aniej

try some regular strong household cleaner. and your pictures dont offer any insight into what the problem seems to be.

5. macrumors member

Try Meguiar's scratch X. Great on my iBook. Get it at automotive supply.

6. macrumors regular

Peruvian

This exact thing has happened to my macbook... Black marks around the edges.. I've tried cleaning but no good...

Can this be enough to call applecare and get the casing changed??

7. macrumors 6502

Cristian

that's what I want to know cause my case is discolored and a little scratched on my macbook:mad:

8. macrumors regular

Peruvian

ok.. rub some toothpaste on the marks on the outer casing.. keep rubbing it till paste goes hard.. then clear the paste with damp cloth and the marks will be gone...

I did this last night and i seriously couldnt believe that it worked.. my MB looks new again.. It made me feel real good Hehe....

The toothpaste i used was colgate advanced whitening by the way...

9. macrumors 68040

Cybergypsy

Call Apple....