ibook cleaning!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by EK03, Mar 28, 2004.

1. EK03 macrumors member

whats a good mix of chemicals to clean the white plastic on the ibook and the plastic around the keyboard? or if anyone has any advice on scratch removal? I heard there was something a company sells for cleaining ipods, will that work for ibooks?

2. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

Now that is funny... I was wondering the same thing today. I accidentally touched it with my pen. It took me about 5 minutes to get rid of the mark it left and it's still not entirely gone. It somehow seems to soak it right in. I guess I have to be more careful. Oh, btw, regular dishwashing soap and a microfiber cloth is what I took. And as I said it's ALMOST gone. So if anyone has a better suggestion... gimme gimme :D

3. titaniumducky macrumors 6502a

titaniumducky

On my PowerBook, I use a "Notebook ScreenSaveRz" from Radtech to keep the keyboard from touching the lcd screen (problem in the Titanium revision I have). This "ultramicrofiber" cloth is REALLY good for cleaning and polishing the LCD. I just get half a little wet, clean the screen by polishing with the wet side, and shine the screen by polishing with the dry side. The display is asleep while I do this. Generally, I clean the metal with the wet cloth also. Remember, the cloth should barely be wet. Wet it and wring it out to get the right amount of wetness.

Occasionally, I use alchohol wipes on the metal only. Using ANY abrasive cleaning things can totally destroy the delicate outer layer of your LCD. The worst part is, it's not immediately apparent, but once the protective layer is removed all can be destroyed quite easily.

BTW, I think Ice Creme from Radtech is what you were referring to, and yes, it does work for the iBook too. I can't personally vouch for it.

Radtech's website is http://www.radtech.us.

4. EK03 thread starter macrumors member

man its really expensive, anyone know somwhere cheap to buy it?