ibook cleaning

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by jesuscandle, Nov 28, 2004.

1. jesuscandle macrumors regular

So I had great success cleaing my ibook over the weekend with a regular kitch sponge. Add a little bit of water and little bit of dish soap (not too much of either) and give it a thourough rub down and you should restore it to (most of) its factory gleam.

I still have two questions though:

1) There's still grime in my keyboard. Anyone have a good suggestion on how to clean that out? I know they make special little vacuum cleaners for this sort of thing, but I don't want to shell out a bunch of money just to clean a keyboard. Budget options?

2) What about scratches? The ibook case is pretty scratched up. Has anyone stumbled on a secret formula to mitigating their appearance? I imagine this will involve buying some polish, but don't know what. Thoughts?

2. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

Here's how I get dust and grime out of my iBook KB. Remove the KB as if you were installing RAM or an Airport card. Be careful as there is a ribbon cable that is not removable. Cover the innards with a towel or something. Use compressed air or a hair dryer ON COOL to blow out the crap.

3. psonio7 macrumors newbie

Wax the outside to get rid of the scratches?

Anyone know how to clean the area around the trackpad. It has permanent gray marks from my palms.