Ibook coming apart :S

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Chris3125, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Chris3125 macrumors member

ive had my ibook just over a week now. never been dropped or anything. and ive just noticed that its coming a part down the left side. were the 2 plastic parts meet. the grey and the white. also the connections on the side, usb etc are kind of coming out the side. if i run my hand along the side of it my finger gets caught on the connection part. can i get this repaired? i get the feeling apple would entertain me as they can say i just dropped it :/

any advice would be much appreciated

cheers

Chris

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

If it's only within a week or so of delivery, then they really should help you out and fix it. I doubt they'll replace it though. :)

3. Yoyodyne macrumors member

Jump on it now! I believe you can get a replacement within 14 days,depending on BTO etc., but after that it's repairsville. I've had my iBook for a month and noticed a rattling component (screw?). It's on its way back to me now and if I hear a rattle when it's back, I will raise hell on all Apple fronts.

Here's related qoutes from the support page :

If you are not satisfied with your Apple purchase of a pre-built product, please call 1-800-676-2775 for a Return Material Authorization (RMA) request within 14 calendar days of the receipt of the product. If the item is returned unopened in the original box, we will exchange it or offer you a refund based on your original method of payment. The product must be returned to the Apple warehouse within 14 calendar days of the issuance of the RMA. All products must be packed in the original, unmarked packaging including any accessories, manuals, documentation and registration that shipped with the product. A 10% open box fee will be assessed on any opened hardware or accessory.