Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IDANNY

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 26, 2003
Las vegas
Hey a friend of mine with an ibook g4 1.4 ghz, Is having some troubles as he described it to me; an apple comes on the screen and blinks off
then the screen turns white
the whole screen
then it turns red
then blue
then green
every 3 seconds
do you guys have any idea what this could be he is out of the apple warranty.
Any help would be greatly appreciated !!

iToaster

macrumors 68000
May 3, 2007
In front of my MacBook Pro
I would talk to Apple. That doesn't even sound possible! Pop in the install/restore disk and see if it will boot from it. That sounds really strange though, all the more reason to get a new one :D

IDANNY

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 26, 2003
Las vegas
yah i am going to tell him to call apple, it is about time for a new comp for him. He wants a macbook but still I would like to get this one to work for him as he probably wont be able to buy a new mac for a while.

sfisher

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2007
Albuquerque, NM USA
The fact that the screen shows something means it isn't completely dead nor is it not coming on. The colored sequence is trying to tell you something in particular is wrong, I'm just not sure what :). Try searching the Apple site in the iBook section. Try booting with verbose mode (Command+V) and see what it says. Try booting from the install CD/DVD as another poster said (hold down C after turning it on with the disk in) or try booting in target mode off of your machine if you have a firewire cable to connect them together (hold down T after turning it on).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.