iBook dead!!!

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by terrorbite, Mar 26, 2005.

1. terrorbite macrumors member

Help! I often connect a monitor and mouse to my iBook. When I've finished using it, I just close the lid and let it sleep. The power cable is always plugged in when I connect it all up in such a way.
    Anyway, I went out last night so I decided to lock the screen before closing the lid.

Today I decided to use the iBook in a different room, so I unplugged monitor, mouse and power cables. I opened the lid, entered the password to unlock screen, then... nothing. It just seemed to turn off.

I can't hear any noises coming from it, and the screen is blank. Pressing the power button doesn't do anything. The battery is definitely full, but I tried plugging it in to see if that helped. Still nothing.

I only bought it last month. Specs are in signature.

2. maxvamp macrumors 6502a

maxvamp

just for grins..

Try unplugging the iBook AND removing the battery and leaving it sit for a few minutes. The put the battery in and plug it in and try turning it on..

Max.

3. terrorbite thread starter macrumors member

Phew. That worked, thanks.

Weird problem though.

4. maxvamp macrumors 6502a

maxvamp

TiBook does it every once in a while. I think it's Mainboard related, but it is sooo intermittent, that I doubt I could get it happen to show it needs repaired.

Max.