iBook Deep Screen Scratches

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by nl2134, Feb 15, 2006.

1. macrumors member

Feb 15, 2006
    I have a five month old iBook and everything has been running smoothly, until recently a friend of mine noted that I had some scratches on the screen. Being that I look at the screen daily, I saw nothing out of the ordinary, but when I tilted the laptop about twenty degrees to the left, I saw about 5-6 white splotches that look like scratches to the screen.

The thing about it, is that the marks are not directly on the screen itself; they seem to be almost internal. With this being said, has anyone ever had this problem, or does anyone have a solution to this? I would like to get this fixed, but if there were an easier remedy, I would be happy to hear it.
  2. macrumors 65816

Jun 5, 2003
    Do you mean white spots on the screen. I have those on my powerbook! its a problem that apple has had with its displays especially in the 15" powerbook G4 AL rev.A. I only notice it when I have a dark movie on the screen. If its less than 1 year old, phone apple up and see what they say, unless other people in the forum have already done so with little luck?
  3. macrumors regular

Sep 12, 2005
    St. Louis, MO
    Phone Apple ASAP

I am guessing that your ibook is still under its 1 year warranty, and therefore is covered by Apple. I expirienced the "white spots" on my Powerbook G4, and after a while, they became very noticalbe, and more than anything annoying.
    I called Apple, and without any questions they had me send my powerbook in for a brand new screen.

On Apple's website, they claim the "white spots" are only prevelent on the Powerbooks, but when I visited the store, they said it had shown up on ibooks to.

Anyway, whatever it is, it sounds like a hardware problem, and i defenitely worth fixing.