iBook Docks?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by dotdotdot, Feb 17, 2005.

1. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

Do they sell docks for the iBook?

My docks, I mean most computers (windows) laptops come with/sell a dock. This makes it so that you put the laptop on the dock, and it plugs everything into it. I was wondering, do they sell these for iBooks or PowerBooks?

2. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

There aren't any docks but you can find port replicators at various resellers.

3. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

Google for Bookendz. I know they do PB models, but I'm unsure about iBooks. They are really just port replicators, but if you intend to use your PB/iB as a desktop unit as well they're useful in tha fact you can just plug it in, and all peripherals/power are already in the dock. The thing which isn't the best though (esp. for PBs) is that the mini-DVi is maintained as just that rather than splitting into a VGA/DVI plug, which would make sense.

Mind you if I started down that road, it should also encompass a built in USB and Firewire hubs at least doubling the amount of ports available on the laptops...