iBook Dropping Things into the Background

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by RDReynolds, Aug 27, 2004.

1. RDReynolds macrumors member

I'm having something really weird with my iBook. Windows go gray as if they were going into the background while I am working on it. For instance, I open Photoshop and the images drop into the background. The program itself stays on top, so it's not like it's going to the desktop. However, I now have to 2x click on everything - once to bring it back to the foreground, once to activate whatever I want to do.

What the heck did I do wrong? I figure it must be a setting someplace, but I can't figure out what it is.

Thanks,

RD

2. C-Mezak macrumors regular

C-Mezak

Could you be activating expose accidentally? Or hitting some other hotkey youre not aware of?

Charlie

3. dotnina macrumors 6502a

Are you running 10.3.5? I've been getting this occasionally ever since I updated.

Unfortunately I don't know of a fix. :(

4. Edot macrumors 6502

Same here

I have noticed the same thing since 10.3.5 just yesterday. Minimizing the window and de-minimizing it has seemed to fix it most of the time.

5. RDReynolds thread starter macrumors member

That's what I thought too, but I just hit a window, then don't touch ANYTHING...and it does it. VERY weird.

RD

6. RDReynolds thread starter macrumors member

I've been running 10.3.4. I'm actually downloading 10.3.5 now just to see if it might reset something and stop it.

RD

7. RDReynolds thread starter macrumors member

After installing OS X 10.3.5, the issue seems to have gone away. I wonder if there is a preference that controls expose that got corrupted or something?

RD