Price Advice iBook G3 900Mhz

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MisterKeeks, Nov 21, 2012.

1. macrumors 68000

MisterKeeks

I am considering purchasing an iBook G3 (900Mhz) from a friend for $25. It has 640 MB of RAM, which is the max for this model. I know what I am getting into with a PowerPC based machine, as I already have 4. My question is- would you pay $25 for this?

2. macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

No. You already have four others. Unless you have a specific use, it'll just sit around collecting dust (unless that's its intended use).

3. thread starter macrumors 68000

MisterKeeks

I only have desktops. I've been leaning towards getting a laptop for quite some time now.

4. thread starter macrumors 68000

MisterKeeks

I should clarify that the MBP in my sig is the computer used by others in my family, and I rarely use it. I also would like to be able to have a laptop that isn't as valuable if it breaks.

5. macrumors member

If $25 isn't much to you then I say go for it. I have an 12 inch iBook G4 (2004, so it's over 8 years old) that still runs fairly decently to this day. I've kept it for the same purposes, as a laptop that I can easily afford to break/lose. Test drive this G3 iBook first, make sure it can at least meet your needs. My iBook struggles a bit when surfing the internet (forget trying to watch anything on YouTube). For word processing, though, it still does the trick.